Would this bother you on a new Pochette Metis?

Since you asked for opinions, I will throw in mine- it would bother me. It is just a matter of time before the scratched shiny electroplate will wear down to base metal. It is brand new- if you had purchased it pre-owned at a discount, I would say live with it. But not a brand new full retail item. But that is me- I know it is hard to find and it may be the best out there now. If you cannot live without it, keep it. Otherwise, save your money for something perfect.

Thanks for your reply. That's what bothers me- that this is a full price from the boutique purchase which should be in brand new condition. Had I purchased this preloved, I wouldn't be having this dilemma. I just have to decide if I cant live without it or if I should exchange for another bag in perfect condition.

I could live with that since its at the back of the bag. Plus I think eventually it would end up like that if using as a cross body with the zipper banging on the plate bit when walking around, back of bag touching side of the body. If it's perfect overall apart from that. I would keep it. The risk is getting another bag that might have bigger flaws like crooked S lock and misaligned monogram placement, glazing issues. As you probably know the PM seems to have a few issues. I have the reverse version and have a few flaws. But I can live with them it's not defective at least.
could you please tell me what kind of flaws your PM has?

2017-03-13 13.12.07.jpg 2017-03-13 13.12.34.jpg 2017-03-13 13.12.53.jpg
could you please tell me what kind of flaws your PM has?
Here are the flaws on my bag. The double stitch on the side zip part on mine I've seen the same on other peoples bags but it is a minority. Majority are single line of stitching. But I don't mind this. Plus i have 1 single weird long stitch compared to the rest of the stitching and few glazing spots around the edges. They're all characteristics of my bag. Completely at peace with them. A bit like everyone has some sort of imperfections like spots, freckles and scars. I've embraced the ones I've got.

Last edited:
From what I can see in the photos-those scratches would bother me. If it were me, I would return it. I like my new bags to be as perfect as possible. I do no think a brand new bag should have scratches in the metal..

Reactions: Sandra.AT
View attachment 3632202 View attachment 3632203 View attachment 3632204
Here are the flaws on my bag. The double stitch on the side zip part on mine I've seen the same on other peoples bags but it is a minority. Majority are single line of stitching. But I don't mind this. Plus i have 1 single weird long stitch compared to the rest of the stitching and few glazing spots around the edges. They're all characteristics of my bag. Completely at peace with them. A bit like everyone has some sort of imperfections like spots, freckles and scars. I've embraced the ones I've got.
thank you for the detailed photos.. that helps a lot when I will inspect my bag if I decide to get the pochette metis marine... I wish I could be so calm when I´m noticing imperfections although I think i would not even find those flaws except for the zipper part. I think the zipper part would bother me and those other things also if I notice them ..Besides those things the bag looks great and those flaws are not noticeable.. if you are happy with it then everything is fine :smile:

I purchased a pochette metis over the phone. I love this bag! After inspecting it though, I noticed the back zipper has a lot of scratches. I know scratches are inevitable but not when it's brand new and I haven't even used it. I wonder if mine was a return. Would this bother you? I'm going to attach pictures.View attachment 3631546View attachment 3631548
if it bothers you then exchange it otherwise you won´t be happy.. you can also call lv if they have more bags in stock to be sure before you exchange it.
If overall the bag is perfect (inspect everything!) and this doesn´t bother you so much then leave it.. it will anyway scratch quickly.. I think the zipper on my handbags got scratched after 3 -6 months? first lesson which i had to learn was LV handbags are not perfect not even from the beginning and they look slightly different and every handbag has its flaws.. some are really perfect but you have to search for them .. this means the LV SA has to show you 3-6 handbags and then you can choose the handbags which has the minor flaws (or is even perfect) and you can live with it.. handmade means imperfection and a scratched zipper part is a minor flaw compared to what I have sometimes experienced.. i can live with some minor flaws but bigger flaws which you can immediatley see because it´s bigger or bag aligned , 2 different sides,wrinkled handles are some of the flaws which are a NO GO for me :smile: ... zipper parts are mostly scratched .. even my first montaigne mm which was new was scrachted badly which I had to exchange anyway due to defect and the second one i exchanged because i noticed this bag had 2 different embossed leather sides .. so overall I can say it could be worse

thank you for the detailed photos.. that helps a lot when I will inspect my bag if I decide to get the pochette metis marine... I wish I could be so calm when I´m noticing imperfections although I think i would not even find those flaws except for the zipper part. I think the zipper part would bother me and those other things also if I notice them ..Besides those things the bag looks great and those flaws are not noticeable.. if you are happy with it then everything is fine :smile:
The same me 6 months ago would have rejected my bag. I've re-learnt to tolerate what i think is minor flaws. And only really make a big deal and reject if the flaws are major or defective or will become defective with use. There's some things I can't by pass my heart and head.
I have a few gucci bags from 15 years ago that have never seen daylight because of fear it will get scuffed or marked and now it will never get used because it's a very dated style and don't go with my wardrobe. It was a waste of money and I've not at all enjoyed having them or use them. I swore I would never let a blooming bag control my behaviour towards it.
Now if my PM gets pretty worn out in areas and bashed around etc. I'm fine with it. I will just take it to LV for repair. If it's not repairable I will buy a new bag. I don't buy to resell in the future. So I guess that does make a big difference. But I'm just going to enjoy using the bag whilst I still love it in this moment of time.
But if your thinking of selling your bags in the future, then I guess one also has to think if the flaws would effect it valuation. I can also understand why people would not accept any flaws however big or small. It's an expensive bag and the expectation and standards are high which is understandable. You should do whatever you feel that makes you feel happy at the end of the day sod everyone else:smile:

It would bother me because it is a $2000 bag. If it was a $200 bag, it wouldn't bother me as much. Regardless, if you decide to keep it or not, you should call customer service and tell them about the scratches. The hardware should be wrapped and protected to prevent this from happening. If no one complains, customers will keep receiving bags with scratched hardware.

From what I can see in the photos-those scratches would bother me. If it were me, I would return it. I like my new bags to be as perfect as possible. I do no think a brand new bag should have scratches in the metal..

If it is pre-loved then it would not bother me, but since yours is new I would return/exchange it. I mean a new bag should be perfect?? Or at least it should make you happy.

It would bother me because it is a $2000 bag. If it was a $200 bag, it wouldn't bother me as much. Regardless, if you decide to keep it or not, you should call customer service and tell them about the scratches. The hardware should be wrapped and protected to prevent this from happening. If no one complains, customers will keep receiving bags with scratched hardware.

Thank you for your replies. I agree if it were preloved it wouldn't bother me but because it's brand new, I feel like this shouldn't be acceptable. My SA said it was the last one available so I may just have to deal with it. Do you think LV would replace the zipper since it's brand new?

if it bothers you then exchange it otherwise you won´t be happy.. you can also call lv if they have more bags in stock to be sure before you exchange it.
If overall the bag is perfect (inspect everything!) and this doesn´t bother you so much then leave it.. it will anyway scratch quickly.. I think the zipper on my handbags got scratched after 3 -6 months? first lesson which i had to learn was LV handbags are not perfect not even from the beginning and they look slightly different and every handbag has its flaws.. some are really perfect but you have to search for them .. this means the LV SA has to show you 3-6 handbags and then you can choose the handbags which has the minor flaws (or is even perfect) and you can live with it.. handmade means imperfection and a scratched zipper part is a minor flaw compared to what I have sometimes experienced.. i can live with some minor flaws but bigger flaws which you can immediatley see because it´s bigger or bag aligned , 2 different sides,wrinkled handles are some of the flaws which are a NO GO for me :smile: ... zipper parts are mostly scratched .. even my first montaigne mm which was new was scrachted badly which I had to exchange anyway due to defect and the second one i exchanged because i noticed this bag had 2 different embossed leather sides .. so overall I can say it could be worse

Thanks for your reply. I agree it could be a lot worse and if it were worse such as monogram not lining up, I would return with no hesitation but I really love this bag and it is hard to come by. I'm just annoyed it scratched up after paying 2000.00 and without even using it. I'm going to call LV to see if they can fix this. Hopefully they will!