Would like some help, Prada vs. Miu Miu

Feb 8, 2007
i recently decided against buying a bbag and a prada gauffre...the sa that i work with suggested getting a miu miu...can anyone tell me about the miu miu bags? are they a "cheaper" version of pradas and a sort of "wannabes?"...any information would be helpful...i'd also like to know where i could see some online if you have any suggestions...TIA!!!:wlae::wlae::wlae:

Miu Miu bags are great....I had one but sent it back...not b/c of the quality...just found something else....'miu miu' is the daughter's name of Prada owner and that company is named after her...IMO they are not 'wannabees'...they're like baby Pradas lol!!! Check Saks/NM...and Styledrops.com to get your feet wet!!! Good luck!!!

Miu Miu definitely gives you more bang for your buck- i.e. the Coffer is 1/2 the price of a Gauffre tote but still retains the leather and pleating. It really depends on what you like- IMO Miu Miu is a "younger" brand (more on par with Balenciaga, Chloe, etc.) whereas Prada appeals to an older audience (like Jimmy Choo and Tods).

Miu Miu is sort of a junior line to Prada, in the vein of Marc by Marc Jacobs...quality is not compromised though, and all Miu Miu stuff (not only bags) is super wearable and super cute!

Hmm... I wondered about Miu Miu a while back and the best thing that helped me was to really look at the bags (touch and feel). Though I love Prada; started to check out Miu Miu and love some of those, too -- great leathers, excellent quality, interesting designs while more budget-friendly than Prada -- but they are different lines from the same company.

I love Miu Miu and like Prada. The designs are funkier and the leather quality is fabulous but the price is far more realistic than Prada.
I'd check out Miu Miu - I've the bow satchel and the coffer and both are superb bags. Also have a Prada and can't honestly say I can see a major difference between it and the Miu Mius yet it was £500 more.

When Miu Miu started it had more of an edgier accessories line than Prada's; now it seems to have become more like a mini Prada.

I prefer the older styles. E.g., I have a convertible shoulder bag/backpack with a metallic leather lightning bolt design; Miu Miu wouldn't do something like that anymore.

I bought my first Miu Miu satchel (pic attached) and I absolutely love it. There is nothing except the Gauffre satchel in the Prada line that I love. But the price is outrageous.

Attachments

• miu_miu_nappa.jpg
    miu_miu_nappa.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 1,495