Worst customer service ever! Please help!

Aug 31, 2016
Hello ladies!

I don't know what to do now. Saks' customer service is so poor and nonresponsive, I'm beginning to feel hopeless. If you have experienced this or have any experience with this, please please help me out!

Let's start from the beginning:

I purchased some Valentino boots on sale from Saks. They were beautiful but unfortunately, they were missing the dust bag and replacement studs when they arrived.

First, I tried reaching out to Saks via the "chat" option. The associate said that the warehouse will "ship out the replacement dustbag and studs". I kindly asked her for an email confirmation so I could track it but she said she couldn't do that and that I would receive a confirmation once it shipped. Then she logged off on me. I was apalled!

Then, I reached out by calling the Saks customer service number and the other person on the line had an accent so thick, I couldn't even understand him! He then got frustrated because I think he didn't understand my situation, and also hung up on me!! Finally, I tried emailing them. They proceeded to tell ME to call the store I bought it from to find the dust bag and replacement studs. I bought these shoes online...how would I know where they came from?? With no help from them, I decided to check my tracking and make an educated guess as to which store shipped my shoes out. Called the Brooklyn Saks store. Richard Montalvo said to email him my order information and when I did, he never got back to me!!

Please please offer some advice! I'm so frustrated now and am so furious with Saks! I'm always so respectful and kind when talking to associates so I don't understand what's going on here. I definitely didn't offend anyone and just want some help with my order...

I'm not really sure if this is "bad" customer service....but honestly around sale time, these ancillary items tend to go missing (due to returns, etc). I've had it happen with handbags as well. You may want to follow-up one more time with the Brooklyn SA you spoke with. Otherwise, since you've exhausted all the passive options, you're best bet is to go into a store when convenient and ask for it in person.

I experienced similar issues with Barneys during sale times, and even though the online CS said they would ship me missing dustbags, they never arrived. So, I just went in store when I was in the area with my receipt and the SA was more than happy to help.

I'm not really sure if this is "bad" customer service....but honestly around sale time, these ancillary items tend to go missing (due to returns, etc). I've had it happen with handbags as well. You may want to follow-up one more time with the Brooklyn SA you spoke with. Otherwise, since you've exhausted all the passive options, you're best bet is to go into a store when convenient and ask for it in person.

I experienced similar issues with Barneys during sale times, and even though the online CS said they would ship me missing dustbags, they never arrived. So, I just went in store when I was in the area with my receipt and the SA was more than happy to help.

This is really helpful, thank you so much for your response! I didn't know that going into a store near me could be an option!

Agreed, during sale time it all breaks loose. It gets so crazy that they become very overwhelmed. I purchased jimmy choo shoes on deep deep sale on their website and it came in a Sak's box and Sak's dustbag. Not even the original jimmy choo box or dustbag! I didn't complain though because they were almost 70% off... and the shoes were in new condition. If it really bugs you I think it's best to go in the store. They have dustbags and all that stuff lying around after people try them on and such

Reactions: GlitterEyebags
Agreed, during sale time it all breaks loose. It gets so crazy that they become very overwhelmed. I purchased jimmy choo shoes on deep deep sale on their website and it came in a Sak's box and Sak's dustbag. Not even the original jimmy choo box or dustbag! I didn't complain though because they were almost 70% off... and the shoes were in new condition. If it really bugs you I think it's best to go in the store. They have dustbags and all that stuff lying around after people try them on and such

Dang it, now I feel like I may be overreacting a bit. It's nice to hear that I'm not the only person experiencing this. Your comment definitely helped bring me down a notch. Thank you for sharing your experience and advice with me! Congratulations on such an amazing find!!

Just walked into Saks and they gave me the dust bags! Thank you both for sharing your experiences and giving me advice! I sincerely appreciate it!❤️

Glad it worked out. By the way, should any of your studs come loose, Valentino will attach new ones free of charge.
Ah, I didn't know that! I'm always nervous when I buy things from a new fashion house because repair services seem like a hit or miss for some designers. Thanks for letting me know this! :heart:

A few years ago I purchase a pair of Jimmy Choo shoes. They did not come in a Jimmy Choo box and did not have a dust bag. I called customer service and they promised to get them to me. I never received them/

Reactions: GlitterEyebags
A few years ago I purchase a pair of Jimmy Choo shoes. They did not come in a Jimmy Choo box and did not have a dust bag. I called customer service and they promised to get them to me. I never received them/
I know what you mean. I have an email thread where I've asked Saks' customer service over 10 times where the dust bag is and all I got was "we put the request into the system for you". I just followed everyone's advice on here by going into the store and I had no problems getting the dust bags. I'm still waiting on them to refund my shipping charge because I paid for next day shipping and it came a week later. I requested the refund 2 weeks ago. I hope your next experience with them is better! For me, I'm not purchasing with Saks anymore!