Woohoo, my Mini Lin Speedy passed the spilled drink test (ro)

Apr 25, 2006
On my way to my German class last week, I bought a snack and a bottle of Coke Zero @ the train station.

I was having a hard time juggling everything when my unopened coke bottle started to leak! I totally freaked out. But most of the spilled coke just rolled off the Mini Lin canvas. Whatever remained on the canvas beaded up, which I dabbed away w/ a napkin immediately.

I throughly examined the area, and there was no stain whatsoever. But for good measure, I wiped down the whole bag w/ a slightly damp towel when I got home later.

I haven't treated the bag w/ anything so far. But I do plan on spraying it w/ some Shining Monkey in the future.

I'm glad to hear your bag was fine. I have been caught out in the rain with my mini lin a couple of times now. It's been fine - no vachetta to worry about!

oooh good news!! I heard that LV pre -treat the denim with water repellent spray, thats what the SA told me when I was thinking of protecting my neo. Good to know that it works!

Which color is your mini lin ?

Awesome news, althought I did spray mine with shining moneky since its fabric :smile:

On my way to my German class last week, I bought a snack and a bottle of Coke Zero @ the train station.

I was having a hard time juggling everything when my unopened coke bottle started to leak! I totally freaked out. But most of the spilled coke just rolled off the Mini Lin canvas. Whatever remained on the canvas beaded up, which I dabbed away w/ a napkin immediately.

I throughly examined the area, and there was no stain whatsoever. But for good measure, I wiped down the whole bag w/ a slightly damp towel when I got home later.

I haven't treated the bag w/ anything so far. But I do plan on spraying it w/ some Shining Monkey in the future.

omg! i'm so glad ur bag didn't get stained!

what color do u have? i have the mini lin in dune...i hope that's what u have then i can start throwing the bag around~!

omg! i'm so glad ur bag didn't get stained!

what color do u have? i have the mini lin in dune...i hope that's what u have then i can start throwing the bag around~!

I have the Ebene. But I think your Dune should be fine. After I dabbed up the spilled coke, there's not even a wet smudge on the canvas, which means the coke didn't get absorbed into the fabric at all.

I do plan on spraying it w/ Shining Monkey though (but have to wait a few months because I couldn't pack it to bring to Germany).