wish there was a cross between Boogie and French Nanny!

Watson's Mom

My Newest Friends!
O.G.
May 5, 2008
Even after my visit to "candyland" yesterday seeing all those Tanos, I am still stuck on my next purchase. I find that I keep going back to the Boogie and French Nanny styles (I have one of each). But I can't even decide between the two of them! The Boogie strap is just too wide for my shoulder and it hurts after a while, and the French Nanny seems a little "junky" for the price - the strap is so thin and the bag just doesn't look like a $200 bag (whereas the Boogie does to me). I wish Tano would make a cross between the two - a little beefier FN and not so beefy Boogie! And I am probably the only one on this forum who is not a Minilisa or Sexbomb fan, so I am hoping one of the new fall bags will do it, maybe a Street Walker or Self Service. It's so hard to wait, and when I see the "possible" new styles for fall I try to be patient, but then you fall in love with one and find out it probably won't make it to production! Thanks for the ear!!

You're not the only one, I'm not really a Minilisa or Sexbomb fan, either! It's too bad about the handle on the Boogie.... Have you looked at the Shopper? The Depeche is similar but pretty small. The Street Walker is a beautiful bag for sure. Or what about the Mom Job? That's Our Bag still has some... :thinking:

I heard the Shopper is a bit of a bug with the type of opening it has. I saw the Depeche yesterday during my shop visit and while I liked the size, the triple zip top would drive me crazy! I am seriously considering the Street Walker - TOB just told me they are NOT carrying the fall colors in it, so I may grab a fudgsicle when they have another 10% off sale (just missed it last weekend, but I am hoping they will do one for the upcoming Labor Day weekend). I am also interested in the Self Service bag, but I don't know if I want to spend that much ($249 on MHB) so I am waiting to see if LB or TOB will be carrying it - at least that way you can get discounts there.

Last edited:
And I am probably the only one on this forum who is not a Minilisa or Sexbomb fan,

I'm not either. I'm trying to be .. and I love the colors .. and the way it looks on everyone else. But .. for me, it doesn't feel like :heart:.

I want another Tano - but I'm so weird about the straps - if I feel like they are too close to my armpit - it's a deal breaker. :Push:

* I heard the same thing about the shoppers closure - can anyone who owns that chime in about it?

Watson's Mom--There actually IS a pretty good cross between the Boogie and the French Nanny. It's called X-Roads (coincidence?) It's not offered anymore but it's probably my favorite Tano of all time. Just google it and you'll be able to see pics! I wish I would have gotten one when I had the chance. BUT, TE did tell me a while ago that we should never count a discontinued Tano out because you never know when they could bring it back (i.e. the Minilisa)!

hi gohogs85- believe it or not I HAVE seen that one! but it was about two months ago just when I was getting into Tanos, and I didn't buy any yet, so I didn't realize what I was looking at. Isn't it funny how these older model Tanos are so coveted?? You wonder why they stop making some of them!

Out of the three bags mentioned, honestly I think the X-Roads looks the best. To me the French Nanny looks toooooooooo much like the Coach Carly. The boogie bag is nice but I wish it was bigger. If they came out with an XXL-Roads I would looooooooove it. ;] Tano Gods hear me out! Please make an XXL-Roads inspired by the X-Roads of course but in an XXL size, 20 inches at least! haha

who knows Rey? These Tano gods seem to rule the purse world, and we are their little minions!! They get us addicted and leave us on the side of the road, clamoring for bags from seasons past! :sad:

Bleh, sometimes we can only wish!

I've been considering the SW as well, in black. Thats the Tano bag I am lusting for. Hopefully my next bag as well. I just got my first Tano so I will wait awhile before any other new bags. I always get bags so close to each other I never really get to enjoy them you know =[

Is the SW here to stay or is it a limited bag? Does anyone know when it first came out?

hi Darcy - according to LB the Glitterati is 13" deep, whereas the Boogie is listed at only 11" deep. The shoulder drop is listed at an inch longer than the Boogie, and the sides look like the FN. But I worry about the name...do you think it's metallic/glittery?? I am going to email them (I already did about how wide the strap is - if it's a little more narrow than the Boogie, this COULD BE the bag I have been waiting for!!!!!!!