Winter booties for cold temperatures

maely

Aug 1, 2016
Winters can get extremely cold here and sometimes up to -10 C and lower. So I'm trying to get in early to find some winter booties in leather/suede with a shearling or fur lining. I prefer plain/minimalist styles and ideally with a low heel or flat. Not too fond of the pull on styles so prefer a side zipper.

Recommendations Please.

Check La Canadienne brand. I hate cold feet and their boots are the best! Fully lined, water proof, insulated they keep my feet and my leg warm. I have the knee high boot from a few years ago and they are still good.

Reactions: maely
Check La Canadienne brand. I hate cold feet and their boots are the best! Fully lined, water proof, insulated they keep my feet and my leg warm. I have the knee high boot from a few years ago and they are still good.

Thank you for your recommendation. I had a look and some of their styles are lovely. Would you say they are true to size? I would have to order online.

Thank you for your recommendation. I had a look and some of their styles are lovely. Would you say they are true to size? I would have to order online.
Hmm. I only have one pair so I can't really say for sure for all their shoes. I normally wear size 6 and when I got mine my store only had 6.5 left on sale so I took that home as I like to wear thick fuzzy socks in winter and I figured that half size extra would allow me wear those kind of socks. But sizes can vary from style to style so I'd read reviews if available and buy two pairs if buying online so I can return the one that doesn't work out. Make sure wherever you're buying from has free returns shipping too. Best option is of course to try them on in store if locally available. I like to get cash back so.. there's that. [emoji6]