Wine Nikki Lining is Stiff!

Mia2001

O.G.
Aug 30, 2007
Okay, I’m back after a brief hiatus. While I was gone I made a few RM purchases, one of which was the Wine Nikki. I love the bag, however, the lining of the bag feels a bit stiff. Have any of you Wine Nikki owners experienced this problem? I purchased the bag on ebay b/c it was a "hard to find" item at the time. I just want to verify that the bag isn't a knock-off.

Contessa

O.G.
Sep 25, 2007
Could you perhaps post a pic??

Is the lining the printed black and white floral????

oogiewoogie

Life is good.. :)
O.G.
Mar 27, 2007
Beachy SoCAL...♥
I heard that the newer lining is thicker.. than the old lining, therefore possibly causing the lining to be stiff. I'm sure with use.. within a couple days time...it will soften up. Can you post pics of your nikki?

mockinglee

Piemaker
O.G.
May 17, 2007
The Pie Hole
There are at least 2 versions of the b/w floral lining that I know of....one has a softer, smooth cotton feel and the other is a stiffer canvas.

Mia2001

O.G.
Aug 30, 2007
The lining of the bag is the black and white floral and I have another nikki (yellow) with the exact same lining but the feel is a lot softer in this handbag. Mockinglee the lining does feel canvas like, so do you guys think this is something normal? Sorry can't post pics right now.

deeliciouz

patiently waiting
O.G.
Mar 15, 2008
Nashville, TN
^FYI - I don't think RM bags have been FAKED yet, so I'm sure you got a REAL bag. The newer Wine Nikki's with old hardware are a bit more structured and stiff than those of the past.

mockinglee

Piemaker
O.G.
May 17, 2007
The Pie Hole
My Nikki has the stiffer canvas lining, but it was from a sample sale. I don't know if that makes a difference or why certain bags have certain fabrics. Maybe for a certain time they were using the canvas lining?