William and Catherine, Prince and Princess of Wales

I’ve been on chemo for over three years and counting. 54 cycles in total. Some people need to stay on it indefinitely. Short or long it’s not easy!

Hoping Catherine’s treatments are not much longer so she can resume a normal life.
Your posts @LittleStar88 are helpful in understanding the reality of what Catherine may be facing, you have a generous heart. 54 cycles of Chemo is daunting to read and gave a jolt of reality. Sounds like there’s a possibility even when she returns, it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s over, but that she’s in another phase of treatment. Hadn’t really processed that before.

Thank you so much for sharing. Sending heartfelt wishes for good health.

Your posts @LittleStar88 are helpful in understanding the reality of what Catherine may be facing, you have a generous heart. 54 cycles of Chemo is daunting to read and gave a jolt of reality. Sounds like there’s a possibility even when she returns, it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s over, but that she’s in another phase of treatment. Hadn’t really processed that before.

Thank you so much!

Since we don’t know what kind of cancer Catherine is battling, it’s impossible to speculate. But I’d imagine even after her treatment ends, she will need to go in for scans on a regular basis to watch for any kind of reoccurrence. Even after treatment ends, the worry still sits in the back of your mind.

My heart hurts for her because she is so selfless, caring, genuine, and does such great work. And her love for her kids and family… I just want her to be well enough to continue on with doing the things she loves and is so great at.

Thank you so much!

Since we don’t know what kind of cancer Catherine is battling, it’s impossible to speculate. But I’d imagine even after her treatment ends, she will need to go in for scans on a regular basis to watch for any kind of reoccurrence. Even after treatment ends, the worry still sits in the back of your mind.

My heart hurts for her because she is so selfless, caring, genuine, and does such great work. And her love for her kids and family… I just want her to be well enough to continue on with doing the things she loves and is so great at.
same here....you just never know who will have a health crisis and at what age

Spoiled German here, we actually do stop working during cancer treatment. But we also don't have to save our sick days for maternity leave.

Agreed, where I live you'd be given sick leave from work and wouldn't be expected to work through chemo. Is it really normal to work through it in most countries?

Agreed, where I live you'd be given sick leave from work and wouldn't be expected to work through chemo. Is it really normal to work through it in most countries?

IMO America's lack of laws in regards to all paid leave makes my eyes open when I see it the comments here. In my country you would also be on paid sick leave with the law guaranteeing that your job be secured for when you return.

Aside from the affects to her physical appearance, chemo makes you feel like total garbage. And it gets harder as you make your way through the treatment schedule. There are good days and hard days and sometimes you don’t know what you’ll feel like tomorrow.

So emotionally you may be self-conscious about how your appearance has changed, but also physically sometimes even simple
things can be hard and take tremendous energy. I couldn’t imagine wrangling with both while having to do any kind of public appearance.

Im glad she can take all the time she feels she needs to go through treatment and have some recovery time to get her energy back to where she can feel like herself again.

Ahh, the voice of reason - thank you!:clap:

Yes agree with all points above, bless you @LittleStar88.:flowers:

Reactions: youngster
I’ve been on chemo for over three years and counting. 54 cycles in total. Some people need to stay on it indefinitely. Short or long it’s not easy!

Hoping Catherine’s treatments are not much longer so she can resume a normal life.
Valentines Day Love GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Wishing you all the best with your treatment @LittleStar88 :flowers:

But that's my point. All this attention to her looks and what if illness and after effects prevent perfection. Will we never see her again?

Yes, she's an ideal image, but all this obsessing over her looks sets too high a standard if she can't keep it up.

I mean, she seems like a well-adjusted person. If that happened, I would imagine she'll take time and get over it. I do agree with you that her looks are obsessed over - as with all beautiful women. I don't know if it's media or society at fault.