William and Catherine, Prince and Princess of Wales

This is what always bothered me a bit.

We all agree no one can look better than Catherine. Unless someone is as tall and slender and perfectly coiffed, they will never look as good, standing next to her.

Catherine knows this. Now what. She gains some weight, she loses her waist or whatever medications may do (just hypothesizing) - she'll not be the epitome of what people glorify about her, must be hard for a person who is constantly compared as visually superior to another woman.

That's why I always felt uncomfortable when people would post side-by-side comparisons of Meg (for example) and Catherine. Her fans put her on such a pedestal and it may be difficult to not be able to keep up to those standards.

In other words, too much attention to Catherine's appearance, IMO. Gorgeous, yes, but what happens if she loses it somewhat.

I think anyone who loses good looks feels the loss...but Kate strikes me as a perfectionist and I don't think she'll want to be back until she can do (and look like she's doing) everything perfectly.

Reactions: youngster
To be honest, I’m not a fan of this one either

Catherine-Princess-of-Wales.jpg

fullpage_rest.png

zoomin_rest.png

zoomout_rest.png

But I do like this one

The-Duke-and-Duchess-of-Cambridge-Catherine-Princess-of-Wales-William-Prince-of-Wales.jpg

fullpage_rest.png

zoomin_rest.png

zoomout_rest.png
The second one is giving John Singer Sargent vibes. Love it.

Last edited:
this doesn't sound so good to me

I was wondering what was going on only because three months of chemo seems long for a preventative course. Then I looked it up because I didn't really know and it said depending on the cancer it runs from 3 to 6 months. So she might still be in the thick of it.

I was wondering what was going on only because three months of chemo seems long for a preventative course. Then I looked it up because I didn't really know and it said depending on the cancer it runs from 3 to 6 months. So she might still be in the thick of it.
She was in the early stages towards the end of March, so I'd say it's only been two and a half months. Not long really.

Yes it can vary a lot depending on the type of cancer. My DH was diagnosed in May (lung cancer) , he started chemo straight away until mid July, the treatment had reduced the area so he was then operated and took about 1 1/2 months to recover from surgery then he had another cycle of chemo from September to December. All this was 15 years ago..... Of course we have no idea what type of cancer Kate has, but therapies can take several months and she being a public figure of course she also needs time to recover from therapies.

Aside from the affects to her physical appearance, chemo makes you feel like total garbage. And it gets harder as you make your way through the treatment schedule. There are good days and hard days and sometimes you don’t know what you’ll feel like tomorrow.

So emotionally you may be self-conscious about how your appearance has changed, but also physically sometimes even simple
things can be hard and take tremendous energy. I couldn’t imagine wrangling with both while having to do any kind of public appearance.

Im glad she can take all the time she feels she needs to go through treatment and have some recovery time to get her energy back to where she can feel like herself again.

I think anyone who loses good looks feels the loss...but Kate strikes me as a perfectionist and I don't think she'll want to be back until she can do (and look like she's doing) everything perfectly.
But that's my point. All this attention to her looks and what if illness and after effects prevent perfection. Will we never see her again?

Yes, she's an ideal image, but all this obsessing over her looks sets too high a standard if she can't keep it up.

We all agree no one can look better than Catherine. Unless someone is as tall and slender and perfectly coiffed, they will never look as good, standing next to her.

Catherine knows this. Now what. She gains some weight, she loses her waist or whatever medications may do (just hypothesizing) - she'll not be the epitome of what people glorify about her, must be hard for a person who is constantly compared as visually superior to another woman.

That's why I always felt uncomfortable when people would post side-by-side comparisons of Meg (for example) and Catherine. Her fans put her on such a pedestal and it may be difficult to not be able to keep up to those standards.

In other words, too much attention to Catherine's appearance, IMO. Gorgeous, yes, but what happens if she loses it somewhat.
Great points. I hope she knows how loved and valued she is beyond her looks.

But that's my point. All this attention to her looks and what if illness and after effects prevent perfection. Will we never see her again?

Yes, she's an ideal image, but all this obsessing over her looks sets too high a standard if she can't keep it up.

Cancer treatment can definitely impact your appearance. And add to it the surgery and whatever was done and how it affects her figure. She could have scar tissue that makes her a little puffy around the waist. She may have some hair loss, it may age her face. What she has been through will definitely have some impact.

But if she’s lucky she won’t be on chemo forever and will have recovery time and accesss to people who can help her with the emotional and physical challenges of what she’s been through. She has wonderful help with wardrobe tailoring, hairstyling, makeup… She has a beautiful spirit and strong woman and that shines through and enhances her appearance.

I’m confident that when she makes her first appearance she will look fabulous and radiant.

Oof Darren isn’t going to win any fans with this comment.

DEI at its finest?!? WTAF :cursing:

Totally agree. She is so much more than her physical beauty. And while she deserves privacy as she heals I wish it could also be acknowledged that most women do not have that privilege to stop working during treatment. It's an impossible standard to literally fight for your life and reappear as perfection.

I know this is fiction but it reminds me of this Sex and the City scene...

Or for a real life example how incredibly brave and groundbreaking Betty Ford was...

Imagine if as women we could celebrate our scars and imperfections...I have to remind myself every day that my body looks the way it does now because it grew and fed two humans... we all have our own battles, I wish we could honor and appreciate them :heart:

Totally agree. She is so much more than her physical beauty. And while she deserves privacy as she heals I wish it could also be acknowledged that most women do not have that privilege to stop working during treatment. It's an impossible standard to literally fight for your life and reappear as perfection.

Spoiled German here, we actually do stop working during cancer treatment. But we also don't have to save our sick days for maternity leave.