William and Catherine, Prince and Princess of Wales

Really? Please say it isn't so. How discourteous.

Prince William And Princess Kate Sat Courtside At A Boston Celtics Game Last Night, And They Were Booed

What a nasty way to describe them.

This happens a lot at sporting events. I go to a lot of baseball games and I can’t tell you how many times politicians and celebs are shown on the big screens and the crowd boos lol. I remember lady Gaga years ago at a Mets baseball game sitting in a 1st row field level seat and when she took off her outerwear to reveal a bikini underneath, the crowd really booed her. Some celebs get cheered but quite a few are booed. I think the crowds are more polite at tennis matches.
what’s the logic for booing someone?

what’s the logic for booing someone?
Sometimes, the person really is unpopular. We’ve got an endless supply of deeply unpopular politicians after all. Other times, they do something to grab attention which causes a distraction and annoys fans who are there to watch the game. Lady Gaga stripping down to a bikini was viewed as an attention seeking stunt that had no place at a baseball game. Sometimes a celeb who is known to be a major fan of another team gets booed when he / she is spotted watching the rival team’s game (I.e. if you’re a well known major Yankees fan, Mets fans are going to boo you if your pic is flashed up on the big screen at one of their games). So a variety of reasons why politicians or celebs get booed at sporting events.

Last edited:
Really? Please say it isn't so. How discourteous.

Prince William And Princess Kate Sat Courtside At A Boston Celtics Game Last Night, And They Were Booed

I think it was mostly chants of USA with a smattering of boos in a show of “you guys (Britain) don’t rule us!” But Boston sports fans are just kind of…jerks.

My husband said on the drive time sports radio the guys were going on and on about how absolutely gorgeous and perfect Kate is.

I think it was mostly chants of USA with a smattering of boos in a show of “you guys (Britain) don’t rule us!” But Boston sports fans are just kind of…jerks.

My husband said on the drive time sports radio the guys were going on and on about how absolutely gorgeous and perfect Kate is.
Not just the sports fans. There’s a reason Bostonians are called Massholes. :lol:

It’s her attitude attributing to her looks - she doesn’t seem phony nor all knowing, very elegant lady