Willed Chanel! :)

B4GBuff

Feb 1, 2019
I admit I’m not too knowledgeable on Chanel bags but I always drooled over one my aunt got a couple years ago. Now that aunt has sadly passed away recently and she left it to me (its my only inheritance from her)! I thought it was a mini because it looks small to me but it has the double flap inside. I measured it and it’s about 10” so does that mean it’s a medium double flap?
It’s in Lambskin and black with gold hardware. She only used it a few times so it’s pretty much brand new! I’m scared to wear it but I know she’d want me to actually get use from it!
Only other question I have is, the zip compartment in the top inside, is it meant more for looks as it doesn’t seem to even fit a standard credit card.

I admit I’m not too knowledgeable on Chanel bags but I always drooled over one my aunt got a couple years ago. Now that aunt has sadly passed away recently and she left it to me (its my only inheritance from her)! I thought it was a mini because it looks small to me but it has the double flap inside. I measured it and it’s about 10” so does that mean it’s a medium double flap?
It’s in Lambskin and black with gold hardware. She only used it a few times so it’s pretty much brand new! I’m scared to wear it but I know she’d want me to actually get use from it!
Only other question I have is, the zip compartment in the top inside, is it meant more for looks as it doesn’t seem to even fit a standard credit card.
According to lore, it is for love letters Chanel hid away. Or a few dollars.

Sure I just snapped this in mirror so excuse my casual attire today LOL.

I am 99% sure it’s the medium but there doesn’t seem to be much difference between small and medium. I measured and it’s 10” wide.

Also I know most people say it’s a no no to wear cross body but I’m short and it doesn’t seem too high on me. It doesn’t feel tight or anything worn this way. But mostly I’d wear doubled strap. But if I need my hands free occasionally is it ok to wear this way?

E4226B44-CAEE-4016-A2A2-39EE33E45F28.jpeg

Sure I just snapped this in mirror so excuse my casual attire today LOL.

I am 99% sure it’s the medium but there doesn’t seem to be much difference between small and medium. I measured and it’s 10” wide.

Also I know most people say it’s a no no to wear cross body but I’m short and it doesn’t seem too high on me. It doesn’t feel tight or anything worn this way. But mostly I’d wear doubled strap. But if I need my hands free occasionally is it ok to wear this way?

View attachment 4333681
It does look like the medium flap and congrats on receiving this highly coveted Chanel bag! Yes, it is fine to wear it crossbody. I trust the authenticity card is included and matches the serial # in your bag. Please do not post a pic of the serial # as counterfeiters will use the number to make replicas/fakes.

It does look like the medium flap and congrats on receiving this highly coveted Chanel bag! Yes, it is fine to wear it crossbody. I trust the authenticity card is included and matches the serial # in your bag. Please do not post a pic of the serial # as counterfeiters will use the number to make replicas/fakes.

Ok yes I do have the card and the original receipt from when she had purchased it (in London, UK). I won’t post them.

Yes others got some money left to them I got this beauty. :smile: They think they got the better deal with cash...

Ok yes I do have the card and the original receipt from when she had purchased it (in London, UK). I won’t post them.

Yes others got some money left to them I got this beauty. :smile: They think they got the better deal with cash...
It is a beautiful classic bag, and you will remember her whenever you wear it [emoji173]

OMG!!!! Gorgeous!! Muuuch better than cash. :clap:

Please, please, please wear this beauty! Bags were meant to be used and, as you said, your aunt would want you to get happy wear with it.

Let me mention a couple things about lamb since you are new to Chanel lamb.

Don’t over stuff the bag when you wear it. That can cause you to have to press on it to close it which can cause wrinkling.

Over time, the back of the bag will get very slight creasing across the top from opening the flap. This is normal. Don’t worry about it.

If you get a tiny scuff just run your finger across it a bit. The natural oils in your finger should allow you to buff it out.

I’m not a Chanel lamb expert by any stretch. I’ve only had C lambie bags for about 5 years now. But, knowing these things would have saved me some heart attacks. Lol! Enjoy!!!

Please, please, please wear this beauty! Bags were meant to be used and, as you said, your aunt would want you to get happy wear with it.

Don’t over stuff the bag when you wear it. That can cause you to have to press on it to close it which can cause wrinkling.

Over time, the back of the bag will get very slight creasing across the top from opening the flap. This is normal. Don’t worry about it.

If you get a tiny scuff just run your finger across it a bit. The natural oils in your finger should allow you to buff it out.

I’m not a Chanel lamb expert by any stretch. I’ve only had C lambie bags for about 5 years now. But, knowing these things would have saved me some heart attacks. Lol! Enjoy!!!

Right now my everyday bag is a Coach dreamer in Lambskin (which after taxes was actually over 1000.00 Canadian so I already baby that one as much as possible). I just love the buttery feel of the Chanel lamb though! It’s a whole different level!

Totally agree, much better than cash! Great points and advice offered to @B4GBuff on Chanel lamb.