Will you wear your whole outfit with Chanel products?

Positively centenarian! :shocked: :lol: Someone should tell this to all the kids currently coveting Balenciaga's, Gucci's et al's latest manically logo stricken offerings :amuse:

OP, wear what you love and what makes you feel fabulous!

For the record, I own neither Bal nor any of the recent Gucci products (and to be honest, I loathe a lot of the recent "street style-esque" items, which makes me feel older than I am :yucky:).

What I meant from that throwaway comment is that your accessories should complement each other, not match exactly. It's not even a "new, trendy, for-the-kids idea", the original fashion articles I read that showed me the error of my own ways (I once was proud of OOTDs with matchy red shoes and red clutch, #thehorror) has/have been around since ages ago and were definitely written by women older than I am.

:flowers:

Last edited:
For the record, I own neither Bal nor any of the recent Gucci products (and to be honest, I loathe a lot of the recent "street style-esque" items, which makes me feel older than I am :yucky:).

What I meant from that throwaway comment is that your accessories should complement each other, not match exactly. It's not even a "new, trendy, for-the-kids idea", the original fashion articles I read that showed me the error of my own ways (I once was proud of OOTDs with matchy red shoes and red clutch, #thehorror) has/have been around since ages ago and were definitely written by women older than I am.

:flowers:
I know, I get what you mean and see your point. I didn't intend to single you out by my post :flowers:

Reactions: Nicholeq
First a friend calling me tacky....hmm won’t comment on that one.
I absolutely can’t stand when others have the nerve to judge ones style Style is unique and what makes you YOU. I dont wear logos because they are logos... I wear what I like which happens to be logos at times. I mix and match Gucci Hermes and Chanel constantly NOT because it’s logo but because I like those items and I like my style:smile: some days I go all out Chanel head to toe! I too get comments I reply with a big smile and thank u! I always admire fashion and people
Who adore it! IMG_2918.JPGIMG_2926.JPGIMG_2922.JPGIMG_2927.JPG
Wear whatever you want and be unique. Don’t fit in with the sheep. Be a Lion my dear [emoji7][emoji173]️

Contrary to some here, I think you friend was honest with you and did you a favor. If you don’t want to look tacky, your friend helped you open your eyes.

Sure, some posters say “wear whatever you want”. That is the most empty statement ever as it relates to fashion. For those who truly don’t care what people think, they would not be buying name brand logos nor on this forum.
Wise words.

:whut:
Some would argue (aka me) that the sheep is the one who looks like every fashionista-wannabe on Instagram.
I guess it’s all a matter of perspective in the end...

My life isn’t lived in instagram. Sad some people’s is. Mine doesn’t happen to be and I def stand out like a diamond in the rough my dear because I love MY fashion. People who judge should look in the mirror. Although I will say when I do hit insta I have nothing but admiration for these showcasing their style. Unless you want to literally make your own clothes dear technically we ALL follow then! Lol

Reactions: Nicholeq
My life isn’t lived in instagram. Sad some people’s is. Mine doesn’t happen to be and I def stand out like a diamond in the rough my dear because I love MY fashion. People who judge should look in the mirror. Although I will say when I do hit insta I have nothing but admiration for these showcasing their style. Unless you want to literally make your own clothes dear technically we ALL follow then! Lol
The way you use “dear” is so condescending. :no: Is that really necessary?

Reactions: pjhm
Logo everything is definitely a no-go for me. I work at a university, and when I see the rich kids decked out in their head-to-toe Gucci logo outfits my impression is that they're trying to compensate for a lack of style using the "clout" from the logos. In my opinion, heavy logos look great in media (magazines, instagram, catwalks) but is too much in real life.

But if that's what you like and makes you feel good then who cares what other people think! However if what other people think is very important, then I would honestly suggest maybe wearing logos sparingly.

While it is disheartening to hear someone make a negative remark, only YOU know your friend's personality to determine whether she meant it with good intentions or not. However do not put too much value on superficial comments. Your friend's style is obviously different from yours, and whether or not she thinks you are tacky has no bearing on you as a person. Stay positive and brush off the unkind comments.

As for logos, it depends if your pieces are large, statement pieces. I'm inclined to wear one item at a time. However, I've seen a lot of people pull off multiple logos and they look great, so to each their own...it's all about confidence!

First a friend calling me tacky....hmm won’t comment on that one.
I absolutely can’t stand when others have the nerve to judge ones style Style is unique and what makes you YOU. I dont wear logos because they are logos... I wear what I like which happens to be logos at times. I mix and match Gucci Hermes and Chanel constantly NOT because it’s logo but because I like those items and I like my style:smile: some days I go all out Chanel head to toe! I too get comments I reply with a big smile and thank u! I always admire fashion and people
Who adore it! View attachment 4368147View attachment 4368161View attachment 4368162View attachment 4368170
Wear whatever you want and be unique. Don’t fit in with the sheep. Be a Lion my dear [emoji7][emoji173]️

Love your attitude! From your picture, the logos blends well together! They looks fabulous together.

Yes, neither would I. But I think wearing several Chanel pieces together is different from wearing several logos.

Most of my bags are Chanel, and I also happen to love Chanel jewelry. Now I wouldn't want to have more than one obvious logo on me (with one exception, see below). So when I wear a CC brooch, I would never wear a Classic Flap at the same time. Instead I'd take my Reissue or my Boy. And vice versa, when I carry a Classic Flap I might still wear Chanel jewelry, but then it wouldn't be in the shape of a CC.

So, in general, I find logos difficult. Not so much stylewise, though, as in terms of what they communicate. To me personally, a CC is mostly an ornament, and an ornament that I love. Yet I'm aware that other people might perceive it as something else. If all that they see is a status signifier they may even fell provoked. But of course, what they see has also very much to do with how that ornament/logo is presented. A golden CC brooch on the lapel of a navy blazer may send a very different message from what an acrylic CC brooch grouped with other pins on the front pocket of an armee or denim jacket communicates, just to give two very cliché examples. So it is very possible to wear those logoed pieces in a less serious or even ironic way that takes away from the status connotation and puts them back into the context of fun and fashion. (Strangely, one way of doing that with CC brooches is wearing them as a cluster. If done right, in that specific case more can actually be less, I find.)

Thanks for the advice! Logo is definitely difficult and hard to pull off for me....especially brooches. I tried the 3 cc brooches matching but my more is more instead of less. Haha! Sometimes, I give up and put all these brooches in the beautiful cabinet and admire them like a precious stones rather than wearing them on me.