Will You Wear it in 10 Years?

I´m so close to a real Paddington bag that I can smell the fabric. :smile:
I think that one is the only designer bag I will ever own. I think I will love it more with time and I want to use it as long as I live.

I think it´s a pity to have so many bags that you never use them. Them why get them in the first place? to look at?
That is where I think it´s better to use them as often as you can, even thou maybe the bag isen´t the hottest "new" thing.

If you buy it, use it. If you don´t like it, sell it.

Ronja

My evening bags, my Bottega crocodile, flat Balenciaga tote, and Marc Jacobs leather duffle.

Although right now I cannot fathom getting rid of any of my bags and not wearing them 10 years from now ... I still want to use all of them when they are "vintage." :lol: Trends always cycle.

1) LV speed mono 30
2) LV Saleya Damier MM
3) med. Chanel black tote
4) white pebble leather Prada

I wish I could add a few more to this list but I have been guilty of a few trendy buys. One thing I don't do is buy bags in colors - just can't seem to move in that direction.

I've had a lot of my bags already for 10+ years and I still have them and use them. I buy timeless classic's, I'm not really into trends. and just like someone said earlier, history will repeat itself eventually. I have a bunch of old Nike's that guys are drooling over now!!! It's really amazing!

All of them! Birkin, Kelly, Balenciaga, Darel! All of them!
I always choose an outfit or a bag bearing in mind it still has to look good in ten years' time, which Is why I tend to go for neutral colors and simple styles. My only extreme is the Balenciaga, but even this design has become a classic...
Bags are not really bout fashion for me. It's more the quality of the skin and the craftmanship I am interested in.

I'll still have and use my vintage Austrian petit points (three bags), a sterling silver evening bag, my LV Babylone, a Brahmin, a Bally and probably even a Le Sport Sac or two.

When you buy quality bags that aren't trendy, there's no point in dismissing them for the next new thing. I'd rather spend my money on travel and such than a handbag I'll toss in a heartbeat as I see that as ridiculously wasteful.

I don't know yet, I'm in my early twenties now and I think my taste can still evolve. I hope I'll still be wearing my Chanels (classic 2.55, reissue and cerf) and Balenciaga's (I loved them before they became a 'trend'). I'm not sure about my paddy though...I think I'm already getting tired of it:blink: I'm not buying Louis Vuitton now because I don't like the monogram...but I'm keeping my cherry blossom pochette for my (future) daughter. I think I'll invest in another black Balenciaga City, it's so me :love: