Will you consider MC2 wallet in exotique

wgra020

May 1, 2010
I have been looking for a wallet for a long time. My long desire will be in exotique and if it is available, that will be in dark green colour. I did my research and fell in love with vert fonce colour. Few days ago, I was surprised that one of my local store offered me a new MC2 in alligator in vert fonce matte. Since my interest previously in same shade colour in shinyfinish. Does it look the same or different IRL? Should i sleep on it or what do you guys think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 595
Last edited:
May I ask why do you regret it? You may not regret though or just looking for other option. Sorry it is just my assumption. I used to have wallet in non-H brand in shiny alligator, considering for that particular fashion brand, they don't repolish. Since it is a wallet of course I am the kind a guy who carry it alot (non-bag user here) and it lost it shines after like 2 days. I was in shock and there was nothing they can do. Will it be the same with H? If it is matte, what will be the advantage

How does Matte Alligator compare to Epsom in terms of DURABILITY in men's wallets?

My husband had this wallet in Box leather first, and now in Epsom. Seeing as it gets sat on a lot in the back pocket, I would love to know this before purchasing for him.

^^ Crocodile/ alligator anything does not like water, cannot be compared with Epsom. Exotic leather is always more sensitive than normal leather.
wgra020, shiny or matte can be of individual taste. As you experienced it yourself, especially with a wallet that is handled often, the shiny part of it will be lost very fast, whether it's Hermes or other brand. There'll be wear on matte gator too, it'll get darken cause our skin has natural oil. More handling, faster sign of wear. There's no way around it.

I would love to have somethig in Box leather.. But i know the possibility of scratch and all but I know thats the beauty of it.

Thanks for your explanation about the croco/gator info. But despite my experience, I will go for matte. The only thing is and as my main question too, the same colour (vert fonce) will look different IRL in term pf the shades tend to be brighter in brilliant finish.

I have exotic wallets (from H and other brands) and they are just as durable as normal leather if not more.

The matte will acquire a sheen through daily handling while the shiny will lose some of its luster. For other brands (Bv) I didn't have problem with water.

I think it is a personal preference but matte gaining "patina" is better than shiny losing luster in my book!

Either way, VF is a gorgeous color! I would go for it!

Thank you for all of the advices guys.. Really appreciated.. I ended up buying it.. :smile: Really the colour that I am looking for as I am obsessed with this colour (Vert Fonce) Any of you guys know whether this colour is seasonal or Classic? As I am looking to get matching bag (mini bag) any idea? and also watch.. I don;t know whether they ever do watch with dark green crocodile strap..