Will their be

BleuSaphir

Born Again Speedy
O.G.
Nov 20, 2010
Tuesday is the day Gary, my cat died. He died on the 8th of this month in my room where he really enjoy being at since he actually a outdoor cat but "secretly" actually like being a indoor cat. I thought he lived almost 13 years but it actually 10 years...I am still heartbroken over his death and today I am supposed to receive his ashes from the vet. I am just waiting for the vet to call me back to be ready...if they call now, I have to leave on voice mail since since I am in a breakdown.

For those that keep their pet urn inside...does it have any odor? I want to keep his remains until I die, my ashes, his ashes, and the next future beloved pet ashes will be released outside at what ever what will be my beloved property estate.

Oh I am so sorry for your loss! :hugs:is that him in your avatar?

I have had several kitties cremated. They are in little cedar boxes throughout the house. No odor at all

Yes, that is him on my avatar. :smile:

I feel more relief to hear their will be no odor. My mom was very upset to know I spent on cremating him and wanting to keep his remains since he is not "human or christian" but it doesn't matter to me. Since she is never around the house and never enter my room...I will keep his urn in my closet regardless of what my mom feels.

I have several little boxes with ashes and a few other little tokens from my kitties. They don't smell, but they are comforting to have around. I told my family that when I die, I want to be cremated and then all of us mixed together before I'm buried.

I'm sorry that Gary has crossed the bridge. :hugs:

I am so sorry for your loss.
Initially it is hard to receive what I call their memory boxes, but after time it is comforting to have them nearby in some capacity.
I have the remains of 2 dogs and 2 cats with pictures and pawprints surrounding them out in the family room where we spend a lot of time.

I'm sorry for your loss. *hugs* As others said their is no smell and the box is very small, also like weekender my vet also offered to do pawprints as well. Don't let your mom upset you I think some people kind of view pets as pets and others view their pets as family members.

I am very sorry for your loss. I have two little urns with ashes of my two previous cats. I find it comforting to know that they will always be with me. I'm sorry that your mother doesn't understand; guess it just depends on whether a pet is viewed as just a pet or is part of the family. Your decision to keep your baby with you is the best decision for you, regardless of how anyone else feels about it.

I'm sorry for your loss. I have my previous cat Sasha in a little wooden box in my armoire drawer in my bedroom. As others have mentioned there is no odor. My cat died 10 years ago and I feel content having her inside my bedroom.

I have a whole two shelves full of little cedar boxes. Like Stinky's Mum, when I die, I have asked that I am cremated and that my ashes are mixed with those of my fur family.
I am very sorry to read about the loss of Gary -is that his photo in your avatar?

I have never had a pet cremated so I can't help with that, but I really just wanted to say that I'm so sorry for your loss.

I'm also sorry for your mom's comments. He was loved and was a part of your family. Some people don't understand, but the ladies here do. :hugs:

I know Gary had a good life with you and was very loved.