Will The collection ever be complete?

Everytime I say I am done...(and I have a record of saying this since 2006 on these forums!)...I find something else

I've kept to the rule of 'buy something, get rid of something that is too similar or not used enough' but it is getting hard now as I am down to a dream team of bags from the brands I like...and that is about 30 (spread between mainly 3 brands with a few stray pieces from other designers) so I've made myself downsize some expensive shoes/scarves instead to keep to my rule. I think it might be easier to keep to a smaller collection if you are passionate about only 1 or 2 brands. If you like Chanel you will likely end up with a few classic 2.55 flaps/reissues in different colors and a few totes and maybe an evening clutch...that can easily but you at 10 bags right there and doesn't take into account other brands you may like. If you love color like I do and are not mainly a brown/black/beige bag person there are so many great colors that you may want to have that never seems to end...light green, forest green, purple, red, white, light pink, fuchsia, burgundy/wine, metallic silver, metallic gold are all musts for me in any brand that I like. I think it would be easier to stick to 10 or less if you are more conservative about color.

I have about 5-8 bags that are two small for my daily use needs but I use mainly for going out/after five/special occasions so though they do not get frequent use I do use them a few times a year for such events. My Chanel Jumbo flaps fit into this category...they do not hold enough to be everyday bags for me.

I get the most use out of hobos and totes so that is what I own the most of. I have 6 bags that I have not carried in over a year but are discontinued collectors items that will be hard to ever get again and it is hard for me to part with them. I could get about $6000 total at current market value for these bags but it took so many years to find them and battling it out on ebay for them that I don't think I could part with them. I get lazy about changing bags sometimes (even though I have put all my necessities in little cases/pouches that I can easily transfer form bag to bag) so maybe I just need to rotate more. I'd say I have about 10 bags that get heavy rotation throughout the year.

There are about 4-5 more bags that I would really like to add in the future.

I would like to think so, but as LT bag lady stated "needs change". There are some bag needs that I have met, such as owning a dressy nylon bag and a small cross-body bag. So now I don't actively look for these types of bags. However, it's fun to learn about new designers and see new styles each season. Also, sometimes a bag gets a too much wear and tear and needs to be replaced.

Wow, I was just going to post something similar to this!

I was going to ask who finds it difficult to get rid of bags and lets them accumulate versus people who sort of sell one off and then take one in.

I am in the minority and find it EXTREMELY difficult to get rid of my bag babies, or any of my stuff really. This is not a good thing as I have extremely limited space, but I do get very attached to my things, esp. bags. (I know, I know, that's sort of wrong but atleast I am honest about it.) The reason I have such trouble selling off bags or keeping my collection at a certain number range is b/c A) I work hard to earn the money that buys my bags B) both of my parents are sort of pack-rats and can't part with anything- though the level at which they are at I find ridiculous and C) I worry if I sell it off/get rid of a bag that I will wind up regretting it or what if I find myself wanting to use it sometime down the road and I will no longer have it.

^I am the same way I have issues with getting rid of some bags that I don't use because i'm scared that i'll reget it!