Will getting rid of my Balenciagas help me?

Oh, fashion-cult, I'm so sorry to hear about your break-up. :sad:

I can't really add much to the excellent advice already given you, but my feeling is also that you may regret getting rid of your beautiful bags if you do it now. Break-ups are really upsetting, and I've learnt not to do anything overly impulsive in the heat of things, because I can't judge the situation very well when I'm so upset. Right now you'd probably have a really hard time telling if this is just a passing fancy or if you seriously need to get rid of the bags to help you feel better.

It would be a real shame if this spoilt Bbags for you forever... so I agree with the consensus: put them away for a few weeks, or a month or two, or however long you need to calm down and look at things objectively again. I think in the end things will sort themselves out and you will be able to tell if the bad feelings are causing you to want to get rid of your Bbags or if the Bbags are causing bad feelings. :flowers:

^^ ditto, i couldn't say it better :tender:

p.s. lots of <<<hugs>>> to you f-c :heart:

Ohhhh poor girl fashion.... :sad: I'm sorry you feel so sad right now :crybaby: - but I absolutely understand what you mean!
I agree with english.... and some other girls: don't sell your bbags now when you feel sad and bad ! Just wait a few weeks or months and when you feel better you can think it over if you still want to sell one, a few or all of them :yes:
Good luck sweety .... biggest hugs to you :heart: :love:

I'm sorry to hear about your rough time, but you've gotten some great advice. I couldn't have put it better myself.

Take some time for yourself and things always look different with a bit of time. Re-evaluate the situation after you've had time to pull yourself away from it, and use some other bags/shoes/makeup/everything - to shake it up!! And give yourself some pampering for fun...

In the end, you'll know what to do. I think as long as you originally got into bbags because they were something that you liked - you'll be fine with it. Time will tell, so now is the time to pamper yourself & focus on pampering yourself, (& school too! ;) If I remember correctly.)....

Good luck!!! :flowers:

take care, girl! Hopefully in time, the fun and love u associated w/the bbags will come around again to excite u...or you will move onto other beautiful things to enjoy! as well as a beautiful new relationship...perhaps.

I am soo sorry to hear about your breakup and it WILL take time to get the ugly knot out of your stomach but the old adage when one door shuts another opens is so true and in time you will see that. I would get rid of the things sitting around your house..pics etc but keep your bags for now...they weren't him they were you..if after a month or so you are still on the fence sell the one HE got you and then wait again...you put alot of passion into these bags which had nothing to do with the boyfriend...that was yours...the passion will come back and if not for bbags then for something else...it's always hard the first month or so after a breakup but things happen for reasons that we just don't understand and it might end up being better in the long run...take a couple of days to feel bad and then take one step at a time and move forward...take care and keep us posted...

Oh, I'm so sorry! We've all been there and I do know the feeling to want to purge anything associated with that person or that time in your life. I say just put your b-bags away safe and take time to heal. We're here for ya! HUG.

I am sorry of what happened, relationships are fragile sometimes. But hang in there, you can always come to tpf and we will cheer you up :heart: Be strong girl :yes:
that's pretty good advice!:yes:
everything will work out. Like englishgirl said it will probably a good idea to just put them away for awhile. hugs:heart:

Sweetie, I am so sorry you are going through this. Put them away for now. They'll be worth more in 6 months to sell on ebay anyway. My heart and love goes out to you.

Same thing happened to me 2 months ago, a break up that left me wanting to get rid of everything. Trust me, I know exactly how you feel. I was even worse, I wanted to sell my newly acquired first bbag ever (that he had nothing to do with me owning) and I even wanted to sell all my nice clothes, shoes, EVERYTHING. I have no idea why I felt this way. It was the "purge" I guess, but not just of gifts he had given me but everything I had. I think a lot of it I had bought with him in mind, for example he loved me in my Citizens jeans, and therefore I wanted to get rid of them.

My advice: Sell the navy twiggy he actually gave you (I found thatt getting rid of gifts was very liberating, without having a complete content sale!) Keep your City and Coinpurse (they are like the other associated items I had the urge to sell, but didn't... and I'm so happy that I didn't.)

I don't regret getting rid of any of the gifts one bit. I'm happy they're gone.

I'm sorry you're going through this, you'll get through it :heart:

Oh sweetie... I'm so sorry. I know exactly how you're feeling; I've sold everything and moved to another country in the past for the same reasons. Separating yourself from someone you've been a unit with for a long time can feel really heavy. Wanting to get rid of everything for the lightness of starting anew is only normal. I think putting the bags away for 2-3 weeks and seeing if you still feel the same after that period would be wise. If the feeling remains as strong, maybe selling the navy one first would be best. Once the navy is gone you might realize it was seeing your other bags with the navy that was making you want to get rid of them all...

As hard as it is right now, this separation will only make you stronger. I've found that with every ended relationship I've come out a more strong and complete woman through the experiences I've lived alongside the man I was with. Knowing furthermore what I want and don't want from a union - thus being capable of making a wiser choice in my next match and sniffing out the wrong choices much faster. This is also a great opportunity to reflect upon yourself and observe how much and in which areas you have changed as an individual through your time with this man.

If you live close to the sea I strongly suggest you take a good swim and cleanse yourself of this experience, then bathe in the sun and let the warm rays of life energize your body.

A horizon of endless possibilities has just opened itself to you... :smile:

Sending you a HUGE hug cross globe!!

Ohhhh poor girl fashion.... :sad: I'm sorry you feel so sad right now :crybaby: - but I absolutely understand what you mean!
I agree with english.... and some other girls: don't sell your bbags now when you feel sad and bad ! Just wait a few weeks or months and when you feel better you can think it over if you still want to sell one, a few or all of them :yes:
Good luck sweety .... biggest hugs to you :heart: :love:

Completely agree with First I !!!
Be strong and wait few weeks before making your decision !!!
We are with you :yes: !!!

I dont think i can add anything that the other girls havent said already, sending you lots and lots of hugs :tender: :tender: . I agree that you should put them away and see how you feel in a few weeks time as time does heal and you may feel totally different in a months time. I wouldnt want you to then regret selling your bags.

FC, hang in there.

you might be in a place right now where you feel like you want to reject those things that might have brought you joy in the past. maybe because you might be feeling empty, hopeless or rejected yourself, on a subconscious level (this happens even if a breakup is mutual, believe me, i've been through that). feeling like this is natural with a breakup, especially if you cared for the person a lot.

give yourself some time to air out, however long you need until you start feeling better. it's probably best not to do anything drastic until then, whether it be selling your great collection or anything else. just my opinion...best wishes!