Will Carols' Daughter products help?

Michy1215

O.G.
May 26, 2007
So my mom has done so many things to her hair (dying, relaxing, etc) and her hair is now like straw if she washes it herself and doesn't get it done at the salon. I was just wondering if she is permanently doomed or if anyone has any recommendations. I was looking at Carol's daughter hair products on Sephora and was wondering if any of those will help.

I bought a lot of Carol's Daughter products at the Sephora Friends and Family last year.
I don't like the shampoos. They left some weird residue on my scalp no matter how much I rinsed I had to wash with another shampoo to get it out.

I do like the Hair Balm, the Hair Milk, the Tui Hair Smoothie (left hair very soft and detangled hair very well).

I tried the leave-in conditioners and I am not sold on those either. My hair felt kind of hard and gritty after using them. They smell good though.

I do use the hair oils. I have not noticed a difference in growth but my hair does feel softer and not as brittle.

Most recently my hair was shedding so my dermatologist told me no chemicals (relaxers, dying, etc.) I opted to do braid outs on my hair every night. I use a mixture of the Lisa's Hair Elixir, Aloe Vera gel and water in a spray bottle to dampen it a little when I braid my hair. My hair feels nice and soft in the morning.

I haven't tried it but I am sure the oils can be used for hot oil deep conditioning as well. I do like the fact that the products are mostly natural.

I think some of the products will help but what will help the most is keeping the chemicals off. I also picked up some aubrey-organics conditioner at the health food store.

Also treating from the inside out for hair that is growing. You can never go wrong with a healthy diet and plenty of water.

I've been natural for a little over two tears.(So excited to see that my natural tezture is gorgeous!) I use a their products too. The styling products are great, but I am not happy about the shampoos and conditioners either. The hair milk and black vanilla leave in are my favs.

Two things your mom might benefit from (not CD products): Aussie 5 minute miracle is AWESOME. I swear by this.

Coconut oil treatments are good too.

Lastly, my hair really likes Biolage Conditioning Balm. I buy it by the tub. :P

...That was 3 things. lol.

Oh! Google CO (conditioner only) washing too. I found out about it a year or so ago and its great. Overwashing for my hair lead to excessive dryness and breakage. This method is great for in between shampooing.

Oh! Google CO (conditioner only) washing too. I found out about it a year or so ago and its great. Overwashing for my hair lead to excessive dryness and breakage. This method is great for in between shampooing.

Does CO stand for coconut oil? Or is CO the name of the brand?

I decided to buy the Carol's Daughter Tui Hair Oil under the pressure of time because there were other things I wanted to order before they sold out from sephoras F&F.
This is the description on sephora:
Tui Hair Oil
This unique, botanical blend promotes general hair health for all hair types. Infused with chamomile and marigolds to nurture, soften, and rejuvenate your over-stressed tresses, this fragrant cocktail of guava, mango, and passion fruit will add shine, softness, and a lush scent.

Not Carol's Daughter (I've only tried the hair milk and I think it's just okay), but I like Lush's H'Suan Wen Hua Hair Treatment. It really helps my dry hair. Also, Ojon products are pretty good. A lot people don't like the smell, but they work well.

Does CO stand for coconut oil? Or is CO the name of the brand?

I decided to buy the Carol's Daughter Tui Hair Oil under the pressure of time because there were other things I wanted to order before they sold out from sephoras F&F.
This is the description on sephora:
Tui Hair Oil
This unique, botanical blend promotes general hair health for all hair types. Infused with chamomile and marigolds to nurture, soften, and rejuvenate your over-stressed tresses, this fragrant cocktail of guava, mango, and passion fruit will add shine, softness, and a lush scent.

Nope, "Conditioner Only" Washing. It's very popular in some of the hair care forums. Especially for people with drier hair.

Hair oils are good, you just have to remember not to use too much. :smile:

Not Carol's Daughter (I've only tried the hair milk and I think it's just okay), but I like Lush's H'Suan Wen Hua Hair Treatment. It really helps my dry hair. Also, Ojon products are pretty good. A lot people don't like the smell, but they work well.

I love Ojon products they do work really well. I love the restorative hair treatment it leaves my hair so soft and shiny!