wigs

amber11

Feb 7, 2008
hey! my mom was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and will in the next few months start losing her hair with the chemo, shes nervous about losing her hair of course and i was wondering if any of you guys know of some good brands of wigs that are made out of human hair... she wants me to cut mine and give it to her, which i'll do but i'd rather exhaust the other options first.
she just wants something natural looking where its not going to scream WIG!
thanks!

I don't know brands! But i defintley recommend you getting of course Natrual Hair wigs, and i adivse you to go on Yahoo and type in Human Hair wigs! It will pull up a few searches! Sorry t hear about your Mother!

{{{hugs}}} and best wishes for a complete recovery for your mom.

MY best girlfriend had breast cancer when she was in early 40's she went to a local business that specialized in wigs, and she picked 2 that were so similar to her hair color (red!) and they were not even natural hair! They looked wonderful! If you are in a large town or city, look in the Yellow Pages, otherwise you might have to travel a bit to find one.

Revlon sponsors a great program called "Look Good Feel Better". It is a group of cosmetologists who work with cancer patients to help them learn to style their wigs, put their brows and lashes on, do their makeup and just FEEL BETTER about their appearance while going through such a rough patch. You should look into it in your area as it is quite helpful!
As far as wigs, I would stick with human hair for sure. Raquel Welch has a great line of wigs. Keep in mind that they always put too much hair in them and it's best to have a hairstylist thin it out so it looks more natural. Good luck!

aww, I also know nothing about wigs but wanted to pass on my thoughts and prayers:yes:
When my friend was diagnosed we had a scarf party for her and it was a lot of fun. She got a ton of gorgeous scarves and hats . . . she didn't want to always try and style or put on a wig.

Firstly...my prayers and thoughts are with your mom and your family. My dear friend went thru this (I shaved her head when her hair started falling out). Before she started chemo she went to a custom wig shop and got a wig...human hair with some synthetic (holds shape). She had the wig cut and highlighted EXACTLY like her own hair. She got a special "invisible scalp" (?) lightweight, not too hot. OMG... it was PERFECT!!! Expensive, over $800. but her insurance payed half. Periodically she'd have it professionally washed and restyled. ALWAYS looked great!