Why would....

aleesara01

O.G.
May 21, 2009
Coach repairs not fix my Maggie and not have a reason for it??

I first sent it in in early Jan and I got it back 6 weeks later with a letter stating it was fixed when it wasn't. So, I too it back to the store and they sent it back. I called today to check the status and after being on hold for 10 minutes, the rep tells me that they have sent the bag back saying it was unrepairable and she can't understand why it is being sent back. The bag was only a month old when they sent it in and my understanding is that if it is a newer bag and it can't be repaired, then they send you a credit letter to purchase something else. Am I mistaken in my understanding of Coach's repair policy?

Thanks for listening!

Whoops, I thought I mentioned what was wrong, guess that would have helped. It was some popped stitches- an easy fix i would think?? I have the first generation maggie, the one with the pleat on the front...

Last edited:
They normally just do an exchange if the bag is sold out they give you full credit towards the purchase of anothr bag... This is if the bag is less than a year old..

I do not know why they would not fix it, maybe they could not but they should have given you full credit... I would find out and work it out with the store or Jax..

My guess is you asked for it to be repaired (maybe influenced by the SA at the Coach store?) so they sent it in for repairs. When they couldn't repair it they sent it back. Then the process repeated itself.

I would just take it back to wherever you bought it and ask for a new bag or refund since this one only lasted a month before the stitches came loose.

where did your stitches come loose?

I sent my Maggie in because the seam of the lining had come apart.
I still haven't heard anything, it's been 3 weeks.

I just got a call this morning from my local store.
She was unrepairable and I will be getting a credit letter.

You would think fabric could be repaired...I don't know...

I sent in a bag for stiching repair to be done on the handles about 3 weeks ago as well, this morning my local store called and said I would be getting a store merch. credit in 3-5days.