Why would TPF post this?

It got us all reading and discussing. We don’t have to like what she said. So what. It still was interesting. I wouldnt take it too seriously. @Vlad bravo. Job well done.
I guess the point I’d like to make is that if I were a first time or casual Purseblog reader this type of thing would probably turn me off from continuing to read the blog as I’d take away the impression that they’re endorsing that attitude. But that’s just me.

I guess the point I’d like to make is that if I were a first time or casual Purseblog reader this type of thing would probably turn me off from continuing to read the blog as I’d take away the impression that they’re endorsing that attitude. But that’s just me.
Yes yes. Understood. As a person who enjoys reading the confessionals, I found this one funny that’s all. It certainly created a lot of buzz. I don’t take it too seriously.

Reactions: Sheikha Latifa
I don’t disagree. I have it in my work, my family and it is on media all around us. I just wasn’t expecting it from the powers that be here to stir up controversy here, where I come to relax. Like we need any more schooling on judgement? Somebody missed that memo?
My post wasn't meant to be argumentative but there are all types of people on TPF and I would bet my annual income there are more people who feel like she does. Her post doesn't affect me or my self worth in the least and the fact that it was a CC is of no consequence. We are discussing the topic and that was probably the plan, but I don't see anything nefarious in it. The world doesn't revolve around me and what I want. I had an entire career of negativity most people could never deal with btw, so I understand your desire to have a relaxing place to peruse. :flowers::flowers:

I guess my point is in the grand scheme of things for me this is nothing to get upset about.

Last edited:
My post wasn't meant to be argumentative but there are all types of people on TPF and I would bet my annual income there are more people who feel like she does. Her post doesn't affect me or my self worth in the least and the fact that it was a CC is of no consequence. We are discussing the topic and that was probably the plan, but I don't see anything nefarious in it. The world doesn't revolve around me and what I want. I had an entire career of negativity most people could never deal with btw, so I understand your desire to have a relaxing place to peruse. :flowers::flowers:

I guess my point is in the grand scheme of things for me this is nothing to get upset about.

This, for sure.

Though it may have upsetting content, I also agree that things like this need to be posted.
At 29, I really would expect a bit more maturity from this particular individual but she clearly has a lot to learn about life still. Her sense of superiority is unjustified...
Hopefully she reads the comments on that post and realize that her views and comments are judgmental and offensive.

We've received tons and tons of confessionals and we read through them to try to find different points of view to share. If every confessional we shared was the same - thoughtful spending, saving, and respectful views on everyone - they would get repetitive and boring.

The point in sharing a confessional like this one is to point out that there are people who not only have differing views but really outlandish and judgemental ones at that. We'd all be lying if we thought that didn't exist. We didn't have to force that person to share those views, that came right to us. So I have to think that the person sharing that truly feels that way, and while I find that sad and out of touch and rude and so many other things, it is worth sharing for the reason that it reminds us those types of views exist and reminds us to never share those views ourselves if that's not what we believe in.

I hope that confessor maybe re-read her post and re-thought what she said based on comments from our readers. It's really a sad thing to see someone judge others so harshly and downright nastily, but it is unfortunately something plenty of people do. And it also is really sad, because I think we (luxury accessory lovers) are painted to be this way by others, even when we clearly are not.

Please more of you submit confessionals with your points of view! I will say that we received wonderful confessionals after that one was posted and it's great to have more and kind with different backgrounds and stories to share.