why would someone ask about taking a bag apart?

luvmycloset

Apr 2, 2008
I've got an auth high end bag up on ebay at the moment and I have recieved a very strange question from an international ebayer (mind u my auction specifically states no international shipping so I don't know why they are asking) but the question was:

"Can u tell me please if all papers come with bag and also can bag be taken completely apart, all is stitched and no glue?"

What the?????? Why would someone want to know if they can take a bag apart??? Maybe something is getting lost in translation here but that sounds crazy.

I've got an auth high end bag up on ebay at the moment and I have recieved a very strange question from an international ebayer (mind u my auction specifically states no international shipping so I don't know why they are asking) but the question was:

"Can u tell me please if all papers come with bag and also can bag be taken completely apart, all is stitched and no glue?"

What the?????? Why would someone want to know if they can take a bag apart??? Maybe something is getting lost in translation here but that sounds crazy.

Strange...maybe they want to use it as a sample or for making counterfeit bags?

Absoloutly correct on for making counterfit bags, I know a seller once told me that she sold a new chanel bag to a buyer and then wanting to return the bag and the bag has been pulled apart.
OP, block this buyer, you don't want to deal with this buyer.
I once received question from potential buyer whether I will ship internationally and I said no, but she comeback to me with paypal address confirm from my country. I blocked this buyer just to be sure.

Absoloutly correct on for making counterfit bags, I know a seller once told me that she sold a new chanel bag to a buyer and then wanting to return the bag and the bag has been pulled apart.
OP, block this buyer, you don't want to deal with this buyer.
I once received question from potential buyer whether I will ship internationally and I said no, but she comeback to me with paypal address confirm from my country. I blocked this buyer just to be sure.

:faint: bought the bag, pulled it apart and put it back together and wanted a refund?! some ppl.....

I wonder if something is lost in translation. Maybe she was wanting to verify the quality of the construction and make her own determination that the bag was authentic.

But either way, if you don't ship international you should just block to avoid potential conflict.

Counterfeiting, drug trafficking are two things.

So is that she really didn't know how to ask if the lining could be pulled out and cleaned. Or she wants to use it as part of an art project.

But the possibility that it's the one of the nasty first two things is pretty high because she asks about "all the papers" so I'd say block her!