Why waterproof?

LemonDrop

a Fendi bag and a bad attitude
O.G.
Jul 5, 2007
Ok this might sound dumb but why might I need waterproof mascara? Besides like if I cry? What is the benefit of waterproof? I very rarely wear mascara and am getting ready to invest in Dior show (I am soooo excited:wlae:) So besides crying why might I need waterproof? And are there any dis-advantages to waterproof mascara? Please forgive this question if it is dumb. I am not a big makeup gal! :shame:

I prefer waterproof for the reasons mentioned above. However, when it comes to Diorshow, I prefer the regular over the waterproof. If you buy at Nordstrom, you can exchange one for the other if you don't like it - I believe the same is true at Sephora.

i never thought about humidity. I live in Houston TX & it is sooooo humid. When I do wear mascara it ends up under my eyes and I thought it was b/c it was cheap but maybe it is the humidity.

I am getting through sephora so i will check on their exchange policy.

i wanted to thank everyone. i have decided on waterproof. i only wear mascara maybe twice a week and the main reason i DON'T wear it is b/c i look worse with it under my eyes. soooooo.....seems like waterproof is the best bet. i can't wait to be a diorshow girl :upsidedown:

I use the Chanel waterproof mascara only when I am going out. I can't stand it for regular use b/c it takes me forever to get it off. I find it under my eyes the next day if I don't get it all off and sometimes for a few days it still comes off. I don't like to wipe my lashes too much or too hard b/c I don't have many lashes and I don't want to lose them all! LOL

for those who are having trouble removing waterproof mascara (no matter what the brand)

May I recommend Lancome's Bi-facil? its a VERY gentle eye makeup remover that whisks away ANY makeup from your eyes. (even glitter)

dab on a cotton ball or pad and swipe the lashes. It will come off.