Why so many Birkins available on the resale market?

They’ve gotten mini Ks, even exotic ones, and they sell within an hour at crazy prices.
Wow within an hour! Haha I wasn’t even thinking exotic. Was referring to the regular offers of epsom or chevre. I can’t fathom buying exotic at retail prices much less at reseller price (but then again not sure how I feel about buying exotics for sake of fashion in general). crazy!

Yes, resellers take a huge commission for bags too. I’m based in Singapore, and have dealt with some well known resellers. Our resellers are doing so well they are ballin.
Fresh from store:
B25/k25 - $5-6k commission
B30/K28/C -$2-3k commission (or more now)
K20 - $6-7k commission
Rodeo charms/picotin/Lindys: they will offer few hundred to $1k less than retail

Reselling H bags is a great $$ business to be in! No doubt they spend a lot and take risks to build up inventory and reputation to get bags.
I am surprised we don’t talk much about reseller commissions here. Is it a taboo to talk about it? If we could be open, could this be a more transparent place? Or am I opening a can of worms? :girlsigh:

I heard in many occasions that resellers even willing to take loss on non-quota bag items and resell these stuff so that they can receive quote bag offers and resell the bags at huge premium.
I think the Asian market is worse than in the US. In my country, a brand new k25 is sold for almost $20k.

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
Wow within an hour! Haha I wasn’t even thinking exotic. Was referring to the regular offers of epsom or chevre. I can’t fathom buying exotic at retail prices much less at reseller price (but then again not sure how I feel about buying exotics for sake of fashion in general). crazy!
exotics are a no no...:no: so bad for the planet...

Well there is a market for brand-new 25s and mini Ks, and it could simply be because many people find such offers hard to come by at the boutique. Black is a little easier, but there is no guarantee if you spend 15-20k you will be offered a B25 in Etoupe/Craie with the hardware of your choice, let alone a MK in your dream combo. So a premium-spec B25 priced at 25K is not that unreasonable.

Reactions: evachan
With the amount of birkins and kellys floating around in the secondary market, I wonder if they’re mixed with super fakes. If B and K are so hard to buy from boutiques, how do we explain the abundance in the resellers? I don’t want to play the 'game' and honestly, nothing besides B and K and a few shoes, interests me from Hermes. I do not wear scarfs, do not like their homeware designs, and all of my jewellery are custom made by a local jeweller. Yet, I just cannot bring myself to buy from reseller.

There are superfakes in the mix. People who build entire factories to make fake Hermès (yes, this exists) are also going to get good at making fake receipts. And given that many of the big resellers can't get colors and leathers right, I highly suspect their ability to spot a superfake.

Yes, resellers take a huge commission for bags too. I’m based in Singapore, and have dealt with some well known resellers. Our resellers are doing so well they are ballin.
Fresh from store:
B25/k25 - $5-6k commission
B30/K28/C -$2-3k commission (or more now)
K20 - $6-7k commission
Rodeo charms/picotin/Lindys: they will offer few hundred to $1k less than retail

Reselling H bags is a great $$ business to be in! No doubt they spend a lot and take risks to build up inventory and reputation to get bags.
I am surprised we don’t talk much about reseller commissions here. Is it a taboo to talk about it? If we could be open, could this be a more transparent place? Or am I opening a can of worms? :girlsigh:
What do you mean by commission? The payment to the buyers who are actually sent by resellers to get the bags at the store? Or the "cut" taken by the reseller from someone who buys a bag then brings it to them?

There are superfakes in the mix. People who build entire factories to make fake Hermès (yes, this exists) are also going to get good at making fake receipts. And given that many of the big resellers can't get colors and leathers right, I highly suspect their ability to spot a superfake.

What do you mean by commission? The payment to the buyers who are actually sent by resellers to get the bags at the store? Or the "cut" taken by the reseller from someone who buys a bag then brings it to them?

the reseller cut when you bring a bag to resell via them