Why on earth does Shopbop not do exchanges?

Robyn Loraine

Jan 14, 2010
I will never understand this trend of big retailers not offering exchanges. The customer is willing to let you keep their money, they just want a different size/color! I ordered some flats while Shopbop was doing their Thanksgiving coupon and the shoes are far too small. But the only way for me to get the next size up is to pay $110 extra dollars on top of having to wait for my refund because Shopbop doesn't do exchanges. I was wanting these shoes for months and was so excited to get them discounted. I really expected better of a big retailer like Shopbop.

Anyone else experience trouble with this ridiculous policy? :tdown:

I agree it's ridiculous.. they should at least let you buy the new pair for the same price.. can you try to call them and see what they say?

I did call and they are at least allowing me to have the same promotional price on the new pair. It's still annoying though, because now my funds are all tied up while I wait for them to process the return. You would think that businesses would be more receptive to exchanges!

nordstrom is like that. i ordered shoes and immediately after i realized i ordered the incorrect size. they had to cancel my order and i just had to re-order it. which sucked bc i had a gift card but the gift card balance won't show up for 5 days. which means i am going to go to the store, return the shoes, and then buy them on my giftcard. needlessly excessive.

I actually think this policy is better. I've had it happen before with other retailers where I went to exchange something, and by the time my return got to them, the item was sold out. At least this way you're guaranteed to get the correct size (assuming they have it in stock when you decide to return the other item).

Obviously, it's not ideal that you have to re-purchase and then wait for a refund on the first purchase, but I would certainly rather have that happen then potentially miss out on the item all together.

I will never understand this trend of big retailers not offering exchanges. The customer is willing to let you keep their money, they just want a different size/color! I ordered some flats while Shopbop was doing their Thanksgiving coupon and the shoes are far too small. But the only way for me to get the next size up is to pay $110 extra dollars on top of having to wait for my refund because Shopbop doesn't do exchanges. I was wanting these shoes for months and was so excited to get them discounted. I really expected better of a big retailer like Shopbop.

Anyone else experience trouble with this ridiculous policy? :tdown:
I visited your site your site very informative about different clothes. :yahoo: