Why is it so hard when it's free???

cak31

Feb 2, 2008
I am definitely placing an order today for a midi Sophia in acqua but now I'm endlessly debating what color to get in the free Tango clutch. I think I've narrowed down my choices to the white leopard with perhaps the extended tab done in black leather or maybe a bright color like lipstick pink. I sent Ignacio an email asking if a 2 color leather combo was ok for the free clutch but haven't heard back. The other option is the cracked gold with azure. I have a sample of the cracked gold and I think it's great for an evening clutch. I think both will be statement type clutch which I kind of want. I'm debating how practical the leopard will be, how many things it will go with. I also asked Ignacio if there was any hope for a turquoise leather for the free clutch since I can't do the ostrich. That would be another way to go, just a bright pop of color. Uggg!! I always do this, when I'm not paying for something, I worry about the decision even more in a dumb way! Anybody have any advice on the choices? It might just have to be a gut feeling choice for me when it comes down to it since I want to do the order today.

They are having the turquoise ready in some days time, so it migth be a possibility! I think it is a tinted leather.
I am feeling just the same, I know I want a tango, but a am torn between: turquoise, red ( i hope they have a bold red), or the gold/ azure. You have seen this leather IRL, could you post a pic, please? it is a brigth gold or dark like bronze?

I am definitely placing an order today for a midi Sophia in acqua but now I'm endlessly debating what color to get in the free Tango clutch. I think I've narrowed down my choices to the white leopard with perhaps the extended tab done in black leather or maybe a bright color like lipstick pink. I sent Ignacio an email asking if a 2 color leather combo was ok for the free clutch but haven't heard back. The other option is the cracked gold with azure. I have a sample of the cracked gold and I think it's great for an evening clutch. I think both will be statement type clutch which I kind of want. I'm debating how practical the leopard will be, how many things it will go with. I also asked Ignacio if there was any hope for a turquoise leather for the free clutch since I can't do the ostrich. That would be another way to go, just a bright pop of color. Uggg!! I always do this, when I'm not paying for something, I worry about the decision even more in a dumb way! Anybody have any advice on the choices? It might just have to be a gut feeling choice for me when it comes down to it since I want to do the order today.

Hair is not really practical imo. Hair will eventually blad on anything so it really depends on what you are looking for.

The crackled gold azure is very pretty.

From what I understand, two color combos are ok.

Do you need a clutch? If not, why not go in with someone and just get the 35% off the sofia?

^ That is a good point, if you don't need it or really want one, I think there are ladies here that would go in with you, unless you have already ordered before. I can't remember if you have though!

If you do the clutch, I love the cracked gold. It is such a cool leather.

They are having the turquoise ready in some days time, so it migth be a possibility! I think it is a tinted leather.
I am feeling just the same, I know I want a tango, but a am torn between: turquoise, red ( i hope they have a bold red), or the gold/ azure. You have seen this leather IRL, could you post a pic, please? it is a brigth gold or dark like bronze?

omg, it's tinted!!?? ooh, I can't wait to find out for sure. If Ignacio will ever answer my email, lol!!

yes, please post pics of teh azure with cracked gold!! That is my vote, cak!! It looks so gorgeous....

I do kind of want the clutch since I don't have many. I was concerned about the pony hair coming loose and as I stared at my closet, I realized the cracked gold would go with a lot of things. It's kind of a neutral but with sparkle. It is a bright gold, not a dark muted one. The blue that peeks through is a turquoise like color. I've never posted pictures before, but I took some so I will try. The first one is taken inside with a flash so you can really see the brightness and sparkle. The second is taken with natural indirect light with no flash. The third is taken outside in bright sunlight. The fourth is outside in bright sunlight but the other side of the swatch which is the blue color but just sueded.

Attachments

• DSC_0548b.jpg
    DSC_0548b.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC_0549.jpg
    DSC_0549.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC_0550.jpg
    DSC_0550.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC_0551.jpg
    DSC_0551.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 33
Sorry, the swatches look kind of small. If people want, I can try to re-take them. I should add that the crackling on my swatch is very small, meaning the "pieces" of gold are tiny, irregularly shaped but on average just a few mm wide. You don't see the blue jumping out dramatically. Now I'm thinking if a turquoise leather was available soon, it just might be a cool extended tab color for a Tango if it went well with the azure blue. It would break up the all gold crackle finish.

thanks for the pictures, cak31! I think I would love this leather, ummm. The turquoise is going to be ready soon, so I think you can ask for it to mix with this leather. I think it will be a nice touch.

I just caught Maria on the live chat. They still don't have the turquoise leather in hand and she was a little unsure how it would go with the cracked gold, thinking silver works better. She said Ignacio will email me later but hinted I could probably go ahead with the order for my midi Sophia and the Tango but not finalize the Tango's color until she can send me a picture of the gold and turquoise together when the turquoise arrives.

That is great that they will let you finalize your order, and then can plan color options without feeling the deadline pressure. I'm sure you'll be able to see which colors look best together, if they can send pics of samples next to each other.

I love the cracked gold with azure! I have a friend with a bag very much like this (but not from Ignes) and I love it. But I am skeptical on silver. Silver and gold? Hmmm would have to see it. I'm with elizat, I'm willing to bet the turquoise would be a pretty good match, if they will let you wait until it is ready. But if those don't work out, why not keep the whole clutch in the gold/azure? I think it would still be a beautiful clutch.

And I hear you on the obsessing on the free bag! I'm trying so hard to stay away from this sale and I'm not sure I will be strong enough. so...hard...