Why I'm Here

traceyd

Feb 4, 2006
I just wanted to blog a sec about what this forum means to me and what I value about it.
For many years I was the only "purse nut" I knew...I was known amoungst my friends as the one to go to regarding questions about purses etc. When I found PF, I suddenly was thrust into a world of comrades, like the rest of you, it is a great source of fun, relaxation, and since I have decided to go all Hermes, an invaluable source of information.
I do not have the time nor the patience to sort thru colors, leathers, hardware, I turn to this sight on a daily basis to guide me in purchases that let's face are f---ing expensive. When you're spending the price of a car on a handbag, on should want to know if they're getting the real deal. And I probably will never take the time to acquire enough information to make those decsions without expert advice. So, I value all the people here who have really devoted a lot of time and energy to this.
We don't really know each other, for the most part we are cyber purse- geeks who are sharing info.
I have my friends, I have my family, I have the people I work with, you are my purse buddies....
And I think what we all have to remember at the end of the day we are not curing cancer here, we are not dating each other, we are talking about handbags...The average American spends $50 on thiers...

And WE'RE lucky to have YOU, Gina......where's that next installment of Captain Jacques???????????

(we're lucky to have you too, Tracey......it's just that I couldn't resist my comment to Gina.....)