Why I love Coach... flooded Janice bag

kybaglady

Jun 14, 2009
Just thought I would share...

About two months ago we had torrential rains and water leaked in our house. We have tile floors and the room that leaked had an inch of water standing. I woke up to a very messy house (nine months pregnant and freaking out), and to my dismay realized that my Janice bag was sitting on the floor in a puddle of water, and had water nearly halfway up her. :sad: I was devastated and thought for sure she was a goner.

I hung her up to dry on her own, and to my amazement she was as good as new once she dried out. You cannot tell at all where the water was (no water line or change in the feel of the leather). I challenge a "cheap" leather purse to withstand that!

Of course, lesson learned... don't leave a purse sitting on the floor!

Glad to hear this story had a happy ending. Hope clean up wasn't too bad overall.

My Janice's legacy bag is over 13 years old and is still going strong. She is one tough bag!

Another reason I firmly believe you get what you pay for...or should. :smile: So I don't feel bad spending more for a quality bag. I'm so glad she was fine!!! I have cats so my bags never touch the floor anyway, or one of the cats tries to climb inside it. LOL They love the smell of leather....weirdos. ;)

Ahhh I can only imagine the panic of waking up to a flooded house while 9 months pregnant! Every emotion was magnified tenfold for me at that point. I'm so glad Janice made it through unharmed.