Why don't bidders read the listings?

NANI1972

Authenticator
O.G.
Jul 2, 2009
I have two auctions ending today. I have in my auction that I only ship to the U.S. and my auctions states that if you have 10 or less feedback you must contact me before bidding.

I have one auction with a bidder that is international, how are they able to bid if my auction states that I only ship to the United States. I would be willing to ship to them at this point, but of course the shipping would be a lot more than what is stated in the aucion for shipping to the U.S..

Second auction a bidder with a score of way less than 10 bid on the auction. I have it stated in Bold that a bidder with a 10 or less feedback score must contact be before bidding.

Any advice?

1. For the bidder with less than 10 feedback, you can contact them and suss them out if you want or just cancel their bid (and maybe message them why you were canceling) and then block them.
2. In your "My Ebay" go to "Account" go to "Site Preferences" go to "Buyer Requirements."
Edit your "Block buyers who..." to block international buyers.

Thanks for the help. I have already contacted both bidders but no response yet. I am willing to work it out with both of them. But of course the shipping would be more internatoinally for the one bidder. And hopefully they will both understand the circumstances. Next time i will have to make sure I sort all this out fist!

In answer to your original question, I think more and more people are using eBay on smartphones or other similar devices so they aren't seeing the auction "full size" as they would on a real computer. This leads users, I think, to bid first and ask questions later. Or not at all. ;)

i think they are just getting lazy
i actually had someone who used BIN to buy a pair of jeans
then they emailed me and admitted that they didn't read the auction and asked for additional measurements that were already stated in the auction
2 days later they decided it may not fit and wanted to back out of the auction =(

I agree it;s lazy and..... it may be the way the listing is written.
Some have way too much writing in them and they don't know how to use paragraphs and bold etc...