Why doesn't Hermes fine jewelry hold its value?

actually, please can someone enlighten me on which jewellery does hold its value ?

Hermes FJ - whatever I want is never available

Cartier / VCA - are generally in stock most of the time (UK/ Paris from personal experience). I have seen these items have price increases but I don’t understand how they are increase in monetary value as an investment. I believe some one else wrote there are better places to invest money which gives a better return (gold, stocks etc). To conclude my personal opinion is that no FJ really holds value. They are more long term pieces to wear.

actually, please can someone enlighten me on which jewellery does hold its value ?

Hermes FJ - whatever I want is never available

Cartier / VCA - are generally in stock most of the time (UK/ Paris from personal experience). I have seen these items have price increases but I don’t understand how they are increase in monetary value as an investment. I believe some one else wrote there are better places to invest money which gives a better return (gold, stocks etc). To conclude my personal opinion is that no FJ really holds value. They are more long term pieces to wear.
probably antique/vintage items from a well-established and desirable house will hold their value
as a generalisation, it is unlikely to be anything new unless you are in it for the long haul

probably antique/vintage items from a well-established and desirable house will hold their value
as a generalisation, it is unlikely to be anything new unless you are in it for the long haul
yes this...
A dear friend is a fine jewellery expert and what I gather from him is that Vintage Cartier tends to hold its value, or top quality estate jewellery 'if' the design is classic enough or in a style thats back in fashion.
Back on topic...
I think part of the reason H Fine Jewellery doesn't hold its value is because many people buy it as a profile builder then sell at or below retail soon after which keeps the resale value down.

Some new jewelry and watch items are in such low production that they have increased in value, for example, DH
collects a particular kind of ALange & Sohne. But, the point of value is irrelevant bc he adores them and would never resell

I would never say buy a luxury branded item, like a watch or a Birkin, for investment. They are for enjoyment