Why do you love (or not) Majorelle?

gettinpurseonal

Can I bathe in them?
O.G.
Mar 31, 2007
I love my Majorelles. I have one in fuchsia patent and one in black patent. I love them because they look like a proper lady from the 1940s. I have been told I am a cross between Sarah Jessica Parker and Jennifer Aniston, so I am not an old lady. But I love the prim and proper look. I love the size of this bag, the quality, the frame, and the double zippers that work very smoothly. I like the fact that it is not too slouchy and I can set her on a table and she will stay upright. I wish I had one in a cream color.
I do wish the lining were a light beige so I could see my things in there. I also wish it had another patch pocket - only 1 for the cell phone, plus a zipper pocket.
Why do you love your Maj? Or maybe you dislike - you can speak up too.
This picture quality is not so great because it is from my camera phone.

Attachments

• Majorellepurple.jpg
    Majorellepurple.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 76
Yeah, I know what you mean about plastic-y. I have a love/hate relationship with patent. It kinda feels like plastic, but if you have good leather, you know it's not. For some reason I love it. I hope your purple Majorelle found a good home.

I have the same purple/lilac Majorelle and LOVE it! The color is a wonderful nuetral!

I normally leave the zipper open for easy access to my things and...... it is so easy to carry! It fits over my shoulder perfectly and comfortably.

I too would be happy with another pocket on the inside but really have not complaints at all about it.

I prefer the YSL patents....for me, with two small kids.....they are virtually indestructible:P

i also love the look of a classic shaped "handbag", this is a fantastic timeless shape...i really regret not getting one.....i am thinking of buying pre-loved to get it out of my system! I agree, a cream or light neutral one would be ideal!

I love the framed look of my blue Majorelle, I love that I can put my file in it for meetings, and stuff tons of things in it. I just wished it had abit more structure so it wouldn't collapse every time I set it down.

I am surprised at how slouchy mine are. It seemed like it was more rigid at first, but it does slouch quite a bit now after only a few wearings. I usually like a more structured bag, and for this one especially so it would hold its shape. But since everyone is usually looking for a slouchy bag, I'll enjoy it, knowing it is nice and soft.

How many ways can I say I LOVE MY MAJORELLE???

It took me ages to calm down about buying such a large cream bag but it's been fine for a year so I feel I can relax a bit now

It's lady-like but not too dainty, it's statement without being showy and its beautiful AND very Modern.

I think it's a total classic :heart::love::cloud9:

Sorry about pic - you can just about see it at the back of this Gucci group grouping winter08/09 pic

Attachments

• extendedfamily.jpg
    extendedfamily.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 70
It's lady-like but not too dainty, it's statement without being showy and its beautiful AND very Modern.

I think it's a total classic :heart::love::cloud9:

I absolutely agree! I have it in black patent, and though it slouches sometimes, when being carried, it is gorgeous!

I don't mind that it is patent.. it keeps all my things nice and dry in rain, and the water just wipes right off.

It can be carried on the hook of my arm for a more lady-like look, or right over my shoulders when I'm rushing to work. I LOVE IT!

When Marjorelle first came out I asked a YSL SA about it and she wrinkled up her nose (OMG, I typed 'hose' LOL) and called it "an old lady bag."

Well, yeah, that vintage feel is the idea...