Why do you continue to buy Louis Vuitton?

I used fake LV when I was in high school, didn't care about the brand back then, didn't pay much attention. It was a gift so I used it. Then 4 years ago, somehow LV get back into my life. I brought my mom a LV for mother's day gift, then my husband a wallet. I wish I'm into real LV sooner. Now am in love with LV because of the luxury feeling, long lasting and most important something I can afford if I save.

I love how sturdy and lightweight the canvas is, and I feel like certain designs are extremely practical. I can be kind of fussy about bags that I don't use on a regular basis, but I don't baby my everyday bags at all and I need something I don't have to worry about too much. I have a mono Neverfull MM that's been in and out of my rotation since I got it in 2011 and it only just started to look a little worse for the wear this summer. I've also had extremely good repair experiences compared to Chanel and Goyard. And to me the monogram canvas is pretty much a neutral that goes with everything. I feel like even though you're paying a lot for LVs, you'll have them and be able to use them for as long as you want to, and if you get tired of them, there's always resale. I think probably lots of people out there think my LV is fake, but I don't care too much because I know it's real.

With all that said, I have been kind of frustrated with quality lately and have decided to try to only buy in person to the extent possible. All but one of my online orders in the past year or so have had to be returned or exchanged due to quality problems--not anything structural, but things like visibly crooked canvas or misaligned hardware that just look sloppy. I hate it because they are getting about as bad as Chanel, where you have to inspect EVERY. SINGLE. ITEM.--even in-store--just to figure out what they've messed up on that one and whether it's a defect you can live with.

I was not into LV at all, I thought it was overrated. Once Dillards started selling the pre-loved ones, I actually picked one up and was amazed how light it was, I was in shock. I still wasn't sold on how expensive the canvas was. But then my Dooney florentine hand bags got too heavy. I started doing some research and learned more about LV. Then I got a pre-loved speedy and well it was down hill for me from there. I did sell that bag and tried many times to find something else less expensive but there is just nothing I like. My love is the Speedy B - fits all my needs perfectly. I like the feel of the LV canvas and since I carry DE 99% of the time, I love how much of a workhorse it is plus I never have to worry about the FL rainstorms. I also like knowing when I get tired of my items, they can easily be resold. I also like to buy bandeaus to dress up my bags; it's a nice treat and gives them a fresh new look that not everyone has. I am definitely a LV girl now! Plus honestly, the way I used to buy and sell bags I am probably saving money because I have found my true ride and die style!

I love Lv! My fave brand since I’ve started buying luxury bags. I do not own any Chanel oder Hermes bags bc those are waaaay to expensive. I would rather have 3 Lv bags instead of one Chanel ;)
Lv bags are usually durable and you can use and wear them a long time and the service is also usually great. Also LV is trying to keep up with modern time and also with twists by bringing out new and fun designs. I’ve also owned YSL, and I Stil got Gucci and Givenchy also in my collection. But nothing over lv!

I ocassionally buy LV because I know the materials are sturdy and the styles are timeless. LV is special to me because it was my first luxury bag and I went to the Paris flagship store to get it (speedy 25 de and matching pa). It was a magical experience! Seeing the displays and craftmanship left a deep impression on me. I have purchased other brands, but LV always catches my eye. I look forward to collecting leather items next. Really hoping to get the Alma BB....

I have always had a love affaire with LV. I admired my sorority sisters who stylishly carried the speedy back in the 70's. When I was in my twenties I received my first LV bag. It was a Noe for my birthday from my mom. I used that bag for years until the leather tie broke. I foolishly gave it to goodwill because I had no idea you could replace it! Then I received a backpack, again from my mom for my birthday. I think I just always loved the brand and I associate it with fond memories. I took a break from designer bags for about 30 years (kids, college, weddings, etc). Around 2012 I came back to LV and that started a whole new obsession for me. I love the classics and whether new or preloved I will always be a fan of the brand.

I love it because its iconic...also because its a good investment. If were to change my mind about a longchamp later down the line, no resale value. If i change my mind about my LV, I would still get a % back. I know some would assume thing about me but *shrug*

I wanted a tote and thought about the YSL shopper, it doesn’t hold any value if I ever change my mind or decided I didn’t need it anymore.... might not be the most popular opinion but its honest

I was not into LV at all, I thought it was overrated. Once Dillards started selling the pre-loved ones, I actually picked one up and was amazed how light it was, I was in shock. I still wasn't sold on how expensive the canvas was. But then my Dooney florentine hand bags got too heavy. I started doing some research and learned more about LV. Then I got a pre-loved speedy and well it was down hill for me from there. I did sell that bag and tried many times to find something else less expensive but there is just nothing I like. My love is the Speedy B - fits all my needs perfectly. I like the feel of the LV canvas and since I carry DE 99% of the time, I love how much of a workhorse it is plus I never have to worry about the FL rainstorms. I also like knowing when I get tired of my items, they can easily be resold. I also like to buy bandeaus to dress up my bags; it's a nice treat and gives them a fresh new look that not everyone has. I am definitely a LV girl now! Plus honestly, the way I used to buy and sell bags I am probably saving money because I have found my true ride and die style!
I know exactly what you mean. I never understood how a bag could be worth so much. My experience of designer was Coach or Michael Kors and I never saw enough of a difference to justify the $300-400 price tag.
Then I bought my first Lancel, a pre-owned Dalichic. It was so superior to to anything I had ever had before...I totally got it. I then bought a pre-owned Bucket GM from 1998 for $180. Wow....the quality and the workmanship! That it could look so amazing after 22 years! I became a LV convert for life. I love them!!!!!

it is true...with a little basic care, you can have an LV for as long as you want to and still be able to sell it. Try getting more than $20 for a 10-15 year old Coach or MK, even in good condition (if you can find one in good condition).

I wanted a tote and thought about the YSL shopper, it doesn’t hold any value if I ever change my mind or decided I didn’t need it anymore.... might not be the most popular opinion but its honest
I have bought two YSL bags for resale-a Muse and a Muse messenger. The quality was nothing impressive. Honestly, I would not pay $1700+ for either of those bags new and feel I got my money’s worth. It’s the name and the It bag label. Lancel is as good, of not better, for a fraction of the price. LV? Much better.

In the beginning it was the history. I received a nice coffee table LV catalog. What a tease that was! Audrey Hepburn, Sex in the City, Friends even more teases. I’m from Upstate New York, in my 20’s - 30’s I would go to NYC and buy the fakes, yes another tease. In my 40’s I enjoyed Coach, MK and hunting for quality bags at TJMaxx.

For my 50 birthday I wanted a LV and the hubs said Yes:smile: Went to NYC and no more teasing. Got my first LV with champagne and positive vibes. Now a few years later I have a nice collection going. Can’t stop won’t stop. They are really nice quality bags, and I love admiring them. This forum has been great especially during this Covid!

I love that the bags hold their style. There’s a lot of bags to buy that you just know are going to stay fashionable looking for years to come. I’ve only been buying LV since 2016 but so far, on the whole, I find both the leather and canvas bags practical and lightweight in comparison to other brands, plus the SLGs to be the most durable. Also, their monogram pattern is just ‘prettier’ imo compared to other brands monogram patterns. That said, with the constant price increases I want to finish my collection (and get the illusive ‘purse peace’) asap, before they price me out of the brand. I get that it’s quality stuff and you largely pay for the brand too, but still I think their prices are headed beyond their worth a bit.