Why do I only love Louis Vuitton?

I'm the same way as far as handbags go. I have certain things I only use 1 brand for.....handbags are only Louis Vuitton......sunglasses are always Chanel.....perfume is only Escada and so on. I've tried to branch out to other brands but I always come back to what I love.

I have other brands but LV is my favorite. I am done trying to convince myself to buy other brands because they end up just sitting unused. I love LV because they are durable and look better with age unlike others.

Have to admit, I love Chanel too. I love both the same, but differently. Carolina, when I was your age, I only had eyes for LV. Your tune may change over time, but you will always love LV.

I started with LV in the early 90's. I then moved over to Mulberry, then Balenciaga and have returned back to my LV. Why? Durability is the main reason. I was fed up with having to treat the leather and babying the leather especially the Balenciaga's. Now if its raining or snowing it just does not matter, I can grab my Louis and go.

I started with LV in the early 90's. I then moved over to Mulberry, then Balenciaga and have returned back to my LV. Why? Durability is the main reason. I was fed up with having to treat the leather and babying the leather especially the Balenciaga's. Now if its raining or snowing it just does not matter, I can grab my Louis and go.

What do you mean by treat the leather with Balenciaga?

The moto range are made from lambskin, it's very delicate and some bags are dry or can become dry depending on where you live. Therefore collectors of this brand use various products from nourishing cream to leather honey etc. You have to be very careful with weather conditions; rain for water marks or sunshine for colour fading. With my LV canvas bags I just don't have to worry.

I do love other brands, and I often go to other parts of the forum just to drool over the Hermes or Chanel bags, and so on. However, there is just something about Louis Vuitton that grabs me. I can't quite put my finger on it, and it may even have something to do with how I looked at the brand when I was much younger. I've always thought of it as just purely iconic, it is the symbol of elegance in my mind. I don't love everything that Louis Vuitton puts out there, but the brand itself has so much history and legacy that I think that is part of what draws me in.

If you check the Bal thread some of then they treat the leather. Some after so years it losses its shine and you'll need to moisturize it. If Azur is a maintenance bag so as Bal for me regardless of color. I don't use it when it's gonna rain just to be on the safe side. I like it but if you want longer life you'll have to do maintenance for it. I find LV much easier to take care specially the DE. I use my mono speedy b too butI just check the weather cause I haven't use any treatment for the vachetta.

It all boils down to your taste and preferences, which may change over time. I used to be super devoted to LV and it made up 80% of my bag collection. Now it's down to about 50% and my number one favourite is Balenciaga at the moment. Hubby was jokingly telling me it would be another brand in 5 years time :biggrin:

Do any of you have this problem? I see plenty of women that have several different brands from LV, to Chanel, to Hermes, to Balenciaga, etc. Why do I only insist on saving for LV?!?! I almost feel that it is the only bag with such durability so the money is worth it!

:woot: Because you're an LV FREAKNUT!! You will soon require an intervention and rehab. Hee hee, just kidding.:roflmfao: I have 6 Coach bags, 5 LVs and 1 Gucci. I love them all. The quality is comparable in my opinion. I rotate them every week. Now go ahead and use that Gucci your dad got you-I saw your video yesterday. Don't make me bag-slap you.:bagslap:

My first designer bag was LV 3 years ago. And I went through a lot af Lv bags and some other brands. LV will always be number 1 for me. I have now for me a perfect collection of 6 Lv bags and some slg's. Still want more though haha, but i am happy now!
Besides LV i have one Proenza Schouler, which I love! And I am saving for my first Balenciaga!

I love Louis Vuitton because they offer a wide range of designs that cater to different age groups and tastes. If I want fun and cute I go for the MC line, for elegance the Vernis, timeless then it's Mono... understated elegance, for me it's Damier Ebene and Azur. You have a variety of options and the pieces are very functional indeed. I find that I always turn to LV for my handbag or SLG needs. :smile:

for a couple of years i didn't purchase anything from lv. i was purchasing handbags from other designers. last summer i saved up money for a baleciaga, when it was time to purchase my purse. i walked right into the lv store and walked out with a new retiro pm. before the year ended, i purchased a emilie wallet, a cosmetic pouch, cles, and finally westminster gm. i have no idea how it all happened but my love for lv came back out of nowhere.

Not any more... I used to only buy LV, but I have turned to other designers lately. Its not that I have stopped carrying my LV's - its just that LV hasn't released anything lately that I have wanted to spend big $$ on... So I went to look at other options!

But I still love LV! :biggrin:

Do any of you have this problem? I see plenty of women that have several different brands from LV, to Chanel, to Hermes, to Balenciaga, etc. Why do I only insist on saving for LV?!?! I almost feel that it is the only bag with such durability so the money is worth it!

LV is the only 'premier' brand I like, but I do like and buy several 'comtemporary' brands such as LAMB, Coach, Kate Spade and Michael Kors.