Why did you sell your Chanel 19?

I had 19 light beige small in goatskin last year, played for about two months and let it go to Fashionphile with minor loss. It's a trendy, edgy, cuddly bag. In my opinion, the lack of structure is what it is intended and the beauty and practicality of it. I am not a fan of organizer. Unlike Gabrielle, Trendy CC, Coco Handle, LV Porchette Metis and YSL loulou, I think it's the best among those in terms of messenger/top handle style. It hugs to be body and looks nice cross-body or hand held.

With that said, after my experiment, I don't find a match of it to me or my life. 1. strap is not removable, too long for cross-body, too heavy and space taken to tug inside the bag. 2. Leather part in the strap is not adjustable and it is so stiff and awkward if you wear cross-body and move the bag. 3. No leather lining, inside really looks cheap particularly the red lining of the black version. 4. Goat skin is kind of dry and edge started to show very visible dry cracks even without use and leather lotion does not help. 5. Compared to classic flap, I found they compliment me better than the 19. 6. Maybe I am no longer young and wear more dresses than casual clothing, I see myself use it the most would be grocery shopping or taking kids to amusement park. It would be sad if I keep her and limit her life experience.
This is very informative, thank you!

I’m wanting to buy small 19 but haven’t had a chance since I am looking for grey one.
But honestly when buying a bag, it is about how you feel, wherether or not if it is for you. Is it yours?
idid Have a classic flap or intending to get one. But I do own Boy, gabrielle, woc, vanity

it’s about how much you want for the bag. No bag can compete with Classic Flap for the resell value. But buying a bag and constantly worry about its resale value is no longer fun and enjoyable:smile:

Glad that you found it helpful. Just want to add, I further experiment the lambskin 19 small in dark beige, some issues were gone such as the leather part of the strap is soft and no dry cracks shown on leather. Although classic flaps remain to be more favorite, I see myself using the 19 more on errands, short trips.
Do you find the strap falling off from the shoulder? I tried it in boutique again and same thing happened. So annoying...

I would say it's much better than goat skin, please be mindful that I don't use it cross-body most of the time except absolute necessary situations so it does not bother me that much now. My final two cents: I feel 19 style is temporary, no longevity compared to classic, but it does grows in you if you enjoy convenience, practicality, functionality and luxuriousness of lambkins after you have enough classics or other styles. 19 in lamb is pretty resistant to scratch compared to classics. It's advantages/appeals are somehow unbeatable as it feels so luxurious, easy to wear, roomy to carry, relaxed feel. I feel it's after all a useful bag much better than other messenger styles, yet a trendy/popular piece which has shorter life span. So, if you enjoy it during the high wave and at the same time have other longevity bags to keep as favorites, just go for it. On the other hand, if one looks for a long life span Chanel and is mindful of value, go for classics. Please don't laugh at me as I share my feeling candidly. I would say the 19 would be perfect if the strap is removable.

I love the Chanel 19, I have two in the large size. I think a lot depends on your lifestyle and your expectations of the bag. For me, casual luxury makes a lot more sense than the classic flaps. Don’t get me wrong , I love my jumbo, but I rarely wear it in comparison. The 19 is so easy and doesn’t feel stuffy.