Why aren't there alot of mon monograms out there?

To post a picture you need to sign up for an account on PhotoBucket or a similar site (it's free). You upload the photos there, and it stores your photos and will give you different codes for the picture to post on forums and sites. You want to use the IMG CODE to post here. Can't wait to see your Mon Mono! I love this bag, and plan to get either a Speedy or Keepall one of these days...waiting to see if I am going to need the Keepall first!

For anyone else who needs the link to the Mon Mono "club," here it is: http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vu...mon-monogram-club-312741-95.html#post17497344

For the new folks, you can also click on "thread tools" in the colored title bar for the thread to subscribe to a post so you get notifications when someone posts something new! :welcome:

THANKS FOR THE HELP!~!!! I'll post pix of the new girl when she arrives!

Perhaps it is due to the limited number of bags available. It is also 30% more expensive, takes up to 8 weeks to make, and can be difficult to select which color combo you want. It took me months to figure out which colors to get. Also, not all stores have the area of the store for it. There are sme examples in the holiday catalog, so maybe more people will consider it now. Other than mine, there are only 2 others i have seen. I saw both at the Vuitton boutique, and I later saw one of those 2 again at the cheesecake factory.

Here is mine: http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vu...mon-monogram-club-312741-77.html#post16515861

Last edited:
I see a lot of LV where I live and I've only seen a mon monogram once. I think the price, waiting time and the fact that you can't easily re-sell it might be the reasons, as others have already said.

I was at my local store when they were doing a Mono Monogram event several months back (basically they would order for me there at the store, instead of me ordering it on the website). They had many bag examples. My sister has the Speedy. They do only Monogram, no Damier bags (I asked). I just felt like I already owned the Neverfull in both Mono and Azur and didn't want to pay extra for another one with my preferred colors and initials, although Joy's bag here is very pretty.

I have 2 mon monos - a speedy & a NF and I have NEVER seen anyone carry one in my city either, I always wonder why. I think the price is reasonable and the waiting period shorter than expected aswell...I highly recomend one to anyone sitting on the fence about it!

Attachments

• 2photo.JPG
    2photo.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 215
I don't feel comfortable having my initials on the bag where strangers can see, lol. I do like the Mon Monogram bags better than the regular ones though.

i've seen pictures of people that got other letters or numbers that had special meaning to them if you didn't want to do initials. also, you could just turn the bag so the initials face you instead of outward. :biggrin:

I ordered mine recently (hurry up and get here dammit)

Everyone has run over the main reasons why it isn't as popular - price, waiting, resell etc. For me - I had been saving for other bags and I realised I'd rather have something more unique to me. I think the price is actually pretty darn good!

I'm also quite a bubbly person, so the idea of having a bag with my name on it is hilarious to me. I got my nick name on it!

About getting LV - my girlfriend has those initials and was told if she wanted heat stamping or mon mono she'd have to prove those were actually her initials!

I've always wanted one! Hubby and I went to buy my Empreinte Artsy and I tried on the display mon mono speedy and nf; he said it was not my style at all and that it's too many logos all over the place which made it even more not my style. Then I asked why he supported the Empreinte Artsy but not the mon mono since artsy had the imprinted logos.. he said the monogram canvas is too flashy... :shrugs: I mean... I guess so... I can see it as being really flashy. I'm more of a subtle/low key bag wearer...

My issue with those bags is that they aren't comfortable. The NF straps are too thin so they will dig into my shoulder and the speedy is not comfortable at all. I have the fushia perforated and that just sits in my closet because it hurts my arm after a while... and luggage??? I wouldn't spend that much on it since they get beat up!!! haha...

I loooove the pics of all your mon's! I visited the Clubhouse and I am even more in love. I didn't know you could pick the color of the interior which is a major bonus. I can't waiiiiiiiiiit. Knowing about the interior now, I am even more satisfied with the price point of the bag. Santa, please bring me this bag...atleast by next year, Thanks:smile: