Why are burgundy tips so popular?

bagpunk

Oct 31, 2006
this may sound like a no brainer to some of you, but as a newcomer, this intrigue me...

(i just scored my first burgundy tip of my own: roccia VP! :yahoo: i can't wait for them to arrive!)

I think it's just a phase. Kind of like Avacado kitchen appliances or Clay siding on houses. Somebody sees a current style or color combination that appeals to them and before long everybody wants it.

Remember the blue & tan phase in clothing? You still see it, but it's rare.

Burgundy is one of those warmer colors that tends to go with most things, but it isn't as harsh or bold as red. Some people also see Burgundy as more luxurious when paired with gold tones.

haha, "secret shoes", i like that rockvixen! but no. i caught this one on ebay. i guess since my friend in on his way to CL paris now to pay for them i can tell you that they are lizard :wlae:

echoes, i thought it might be something like it elongate the legs in a way that other colours don't etc... because if that is the case, i would really like to know :yes:

AAAAARRRRRRR more exotica!!!! I'm going greeeeen!!!! I have scored some new shoes on ebay and am currently waiting for them to arrive, if they are everything I hope for then they will be my wedding shoe, if not I guess they may go back on ebay........will tell more when they arrive I don't want to jinx myself!!!

:P EXOTICA!!!

well congrats on scoring those shoes! you must tell us once they've arrived and post modeling pic! :woohoo:

i was actually very reluctant to spend any money on my wedding shoes if not for the dress maker who insisted that i *should* wear heels. and true enough, i ended up dragging the dress around bear-footed (during the reception), as the 4 inches were just too much. and i thought, no one is going to see them anyway....? congrats on the wedding! (it is you who are getting married no? wedding shoes do not mean shoes to go to a wedding in ya?)

Yeah wedding for me and shoes for my wedding, I was going to get the Eugenie but they are super expensive and like you said, they are not mostly seen, however I need the extra height for the service, first dance, pics etc as I am 5'7 and fiance is 6'4 plus most of his family is over 6 ft, I don't want to look like a complete short-a***!!!!
The shoes I'm waiting for are very beautiful and if they are the correct size etc will be super, perfect and were a good deal too! I am going to get some pretty flats of some sort for the rest of the wedding as 4+ inches will kill me or I may land on my ass after some champagne!!! ha ha ha possibly CLs flats or maybe some Gina sparkly flat sandals.

Yes! They were an Ebay find :tup: I can tell you that I spent an unhealthy amount of time on Ebay looking for my CLs.... I think I am going to be done very soon!

Ahhh Roccia VP with burgandy tips are my dream shoe too. Congratulations, they are gorgeous! Were they an ebay find???

Yes! They were an Ebay find :tup: I can tell you that I spent an unhealthy amount of time on Ebay looking for my CLs.... I think I am going to be done very soon!

That's my morning and evening activity too! Every day - Advance search/ Louboutin / located in any countries / Search...

If my must-haves pop up and I miss them I'll be gutted. And I have the search options for my favourite styles saved to send me any that pop up to my e-mail account to try not to miss them if they do appear!! :P

What size are you??
These are absolutely one of my HGs. So are the nude with burg. toes. I personally just like the color better. It goes better with my wardrobe. I love how elegant it looks.

my CL size is apparently 36.5 (still have not quite figure this out yet), my normal size is 36.

i am also intrigued that the nude with burgundy tips are so in demand. i can understand that nudes elongates your legs. and beginning to wonder if the colour at the tips make this more so. just fascinating!

I'm not sure if the burgundy tip elongates the leg any more so than another color tip, but there is a frenzy for the nude patent VP w/burgundy tip because IMO it is much more striking than the other colors. For many of us it is what made us all fall in love and lust after this shoe. Don't get me wrong the other color tips are fabulous too. The nude tip doesn't compete with the color of your pedicure, so you can wear any color on your toes. The red tip is a nice pop of color. The gold is subtle. But the burgundy tip shines like no other. I feel the same way about the roccia VP w/burgundy tip.

Well I've always liked burgundy and I think it's a really flattering color on me, not to mention totally sexy on those shoes.

I see the black peep toes everywhere. Every designer has a pair now. I like the the burgundy is something different, and that the soles are red too.