Why Am I So Scared?...

You really shouldn’t feel embarrassed nor sorry. It’s not a small amount of money; hesitation is understandable. When I buy from resellers, I start with the reputable ones so that I have certain level of confidence about the authentication. Once I nail down the one I absolutely love, I go with the paid authentication service to double confirm. I choose paid service bcoz that would make me think twice if the bag is really what I would pull the trigger.

I actually love the h hunting experience; lots of joy and satisfaction; sometimes regrets too. Hope you get your first b soon.

Sometimes it works to analyze and overanalyze decisions (buying a house, moving to another country..) other times you just go with your heart and Tbh you can never rationalize such a purchase (it is only a bag, economy ,am I being vain?...).
My best purchases and thrills are when I let my heart do the decision.‎ (ofc on a luxury item that I want but don't really need).
it is something you want: you saved for it and actively looked for one.‎
You can always sell it later and cross the Birkin from your list or use it everyday and realize you spent your money on one bag instead of buying several other bags that you won't have or become out of style several years from now.

You touched on something that I always "sweat" about, Juda - am I being vain or self-aggrandizing by buying H bags? I have pushed past that feeling long enough to buy though, ha ha! :graucho:

The way I self-justify my own madness is to tell myself Hermès is like buying art. Which it is in a way.
In my view there are only two kinds of Hermès buyers. One group buys for design and another who buys for the perceived prestige. ( generally they only want the more recognisable items, obviously) clearly not many people are going to say ‘yeah I just buy for prestige and show’ but they know who they are.

The way I self-justify my own madness is to tell myself Hermès is like buying art. Which it is in a way.
In my view there are only two kinds of Hermès buyers. One group buys for design and another who buys for the perceived prestige. ( generally they only want the more recognisable items, obviously) clearly not many people are going to say ‘yeah I just buy for prestige and show’ but they know who they are.
I feel that buying H at the premium price is like supporting arts and crafts. It really is no different from supporting the symphony or museum. After I adopted that mind set, nobody can make me feel bad about it ever again.

I feel that buying H at the premium price is like supporting arts and crafts. It really is no different from supporting the symphony or museum. After I adopted that mind set, nobody can make me feel bad about it ever again.
Exactly! And ideally from the boutique only. Id only buy second hand if : 1. Way below retail used item. 2.vintage over 20 years old and discontinued.

Reactions: meowlett

:tup:

This is particularly true when buying vintage pieces, honouring not only the craftspeople who cut and stitched the bag but the tanners, leather dyers all the skilled people involved down the line. Fast fashion isn't only confined to cheap products, something well made to the very last stitch, beautiful and useful is a stand against mordacity.

@Yoshi1296, please don't feel embarrassed. Many of us love these kind of questions and glad you started this thread, it helps us work out our own motivation, MO and relationship towards H. Take your time. `Personally I buy few bags these days ad it takes me a long time to decide. Buying new or pre-loved there is always a pressure with H to buy now or it'll be gone forever, actually, that's not always true. There are a couple of bags that I wish had come in reverse order and there have been a couple of bags that sold before I made up my mind but happily either I can't even remember what they were or I found better (and sometimes for less) later. Eventually, you will know why you haven't pulled the trigger - yet.

You really shouldn’t feel embarrassed nor sorry. It’s not a small amount of money; hesitation is understandable. When I buy from resellers, I start with the reputable ones so that I have certain level of confidence about the authentication. Once I nail down the one I absolutely love, I go with the paid authentication service to double confirm. I choose paid service bcoz that would make me think twice if the bag is really what I would pull the trigger.

I actually love the h hunting experience; lots of joy and satisfaction; sometimes regrets too. Hope you get your first b soon.

Thank you! I started with reputable sellers but was talking to my brother last night over dinner and he feels that I should try to attempt to buy new from the boutique. He feels it might be easier for me that way.

That is a very good mindset that I hadn’t thought of before. Thanks!

:tup:

This is particularly true when buying vintage pieces, honouring not only the craftspeople who cut and stitched the bag but the tanners, leather dyers all the skilled people involved down the line. Fast fashion isn't only confined to cheap products, something well made to the very last stitch, beautiful and useful is a stand against mordacity.

@Yoshi1296, please don't feel embarrassed. Many of us love these kind of questions and glad you started this thread, it helps us work out our own motivation, MO and relationship towards H. Take your time. `Personally I buy few bags these days ad it takes me a long time to decide. Buying new or pre-loved there is always a pressure with H to buy now or it'll be gone forever, actually, that's not always true. There are a couple of bags that I wish had come in reverse order and there have been a couple of bags that sold before I made up my mind but happily either I can't even remember what they were or I found better (and sometimes for less) later. Eventually, you will know why you haven't pulled the trigger - yet.

Thank you so much! I think I’m rushing into this and will try to take my time.

Reactions: papertiger
i recommend @serlybags on instagram price is very good and she is accept paypal, just make sure your shipping address is correct when you make payment through paypal. the quality of her bags is very good.
Do you work for serlybags? Every one of your posts is recommending that people buy their bags.