Tech Who's still using Facebook after all the fines, lawsuits and privacy violations?

Long gone, quit in '15. My primary focus was using it as extended address book, that proved useless when more and more people started changing their names out of/ for privacy concerns. Additionally, over time my feed had changed to not being worth the - highly limited, anyway - time I spent on it.

Since I use Instagram, which to this day I still find entertaining and worth putting some effort into (and therefore putting concerns aside), I'm still somehow "connected" to Facebook. Although I will say again and again, over and over again, that I'm highly skeptical of, and highly concerned about that company. Wouldn't trust them for a penny on anything.

It's only a matter of when, not if, I quit that, too.

Kind regards,
Oliver

FB is not the only platform where your privacy is compromised. The cat has been let out of the bag a long time ago. The only way to avoid it all is to become a hermit and not participate in society and that is less healthy than any perceived threat.
Everything that can be known about you is already available and has been for a long time, to the powers that be. I have nothing to hide so I don’t really care.

Reactions: Traminer
Facebook will pay $550 million to settle an Illinois lawsuit about it use of facial recognition and user photos

www.businessinsider.com.ico
Business Insider|1 hour ago
Facebook said on Wednesday it reached a $550 million settlement in principle related to a lawsuit that claimed it illegally collected and stored biometric data for millions of users without their consent.

They are NOT your friend.

FB is not the only platform where your privacy is compromised. The cat has been let out of the bag a long time ago. The only way to avoid it all is to become a hermit and not participate in society and that is less healthy than any perceived threat.
Everything that can be known about you is already available and has been for a long time, to the powers that be. I have nothing to hide so I don’t really care.

So it is! I see it the same way! :smile: