Tech Who's still using Facebook after all the fines, lawsuits and privacy violations?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. 5 Billion dollar fine by the US.

35 Billion dollar Class Action Lawsuit

Revelation they've recorded and transcribed voice conversations.

A few others in recent weeks.

If you're still using it, WHY?

(Wasn't there a computer section?)

2. Because it’s convenient to keep in touch with some people.

pursegirl3 likes this.
  3. Never used it

lulu212121 likes this.
  4. Quit it years ago, then rejoined for a couple years, then quit permanently and am so glad I did. The business model of gross violation of user data sickens me. That goes for any site where the content is created by you and me, to some extent, I realize.

5. Never was and so very glad about that.

6. There are any number of other ways to do that. Remember telephones? Letters in the mail?

7. I don’t need your condescending tone.

bisousx and pursegirl3 like this.
  8. Use it every day. Personally don't care about all the privacy issues going on.

9. I think the thread starter is more interested in calling People out who don't agree with their point of view than starting a meaningful thread . This is the Purse Forum not CNN. I also check in on my Friends and Family through Facebook too. Fully expecting to have a mean post written to me also.

10. Not as quick and convenient particularly with the number of users on Facebook. Not even close. Having said that, I’m not a Facebook fan. But let’s be honest it’s far more convenient and easy to reach people. I’ve had people find me who i lost contact with for more than 25 years.

Edit... you appear to have a gripe with Facebook. To each his/her own.

11. I’m using Facebook, I use it mainly to stay in touch with friends and family in other countries.

12. I've disabled mine, but at the moment, I am a part of way too many informative FB groups pertaining to my business to quit. I would lose a lot of money & information if I couldn't keep up. That being said, I might make a new account just to stay in the loop.

13. #14 Aug 18, 2019 at 12:12 AM
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2019 at 12:29 AM
    I have it, but not that active on it. I do most if not all of my connecting by texting. For me it's not about the political fallout bs, I could care less. it's just more convenient for me to text. As for phone calls, I only use it when urgent information that needs to be conveyed back-and-forth right-away.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice