WHO HOO! I got my Mono Mizi!

Sweetea said:
Thanks LV addict and acegirl!

How do you determine the month? Is it 10+1= 11 for Nov as (101) and the last number the 5 is the year, right? Just guessing..

You guys are really good! I learn so much in this forum.

no it's like this.
0A : 0A (i'm sure it's DA or CA... it can't be 0) is the factory location.
1015: 1st & 3rd number equals month.. in this case, it's 1015. which converts to 11 = november.
then the 2nd & 4th number equals year... so 1015 = 05 aka, 2005.

older vintage pieces will say something like 0984... and that means august 1994. get it? :cool:

to the original poster: congrats! the mizi is so adorable... and so original!

winterpearls3 said:
I owned this bag before and returned it due to its size. I compared it w/ the photos I kept and they look the same. Congrats on a beautiful bag!

Hi, thanks for the info.. It's very reassuring! With everything I know about LV, my gut is telling me it's authentic. Also, I'm not familiar with the Mizi in particular but I am very familiar with the mono line itself.

To VIPstyle- Every bag has the monogram cut off at some seam. As long as it's not the LV (the factories avoid cutting into the "LV") Actually some vintage speedys do have the LV cut off. They were just made before LV started the practice of "no LV cut offs".

Also, The seller emailed me again today just to let me know she mailed the bag. She also insured it for the full amount out of her pocket. She only charged me $10 for shipping so I know she lost money on that.

I really do appreciate everyone's input & for looking out for a fellow PF'er! I will let you all know what I find out & post pics when I get it!

I have already arranged to have it authenticated when I get it.