Who Else Is Upset With All The Flaws Happening With New Bbags???

Status
Not open for further replies.
^aren't sure if they'll be getting in BLACK tassels!? NO WAY! :wtf:

Chigirl - I bought the bag, well.. because I wasn't "aware" of the the "problems" they have that can't be fixed by Bal. I figured if the bag ever needed anything (tassles, cleaning, etc), I'd easily be able to get it done :sad: ..and I know the ? wasn't directed at me, but I thought I'd put my answer in anyway :yes:

Truly, it wasn't directed at you or anyone really (the OP is new to bbags, I know so not her) but these threads always come up and some people who have complained continue to purchase these bags knowing all of this and I really believe that there is so much energy wasted complaining about stuff that can be avoided by just not buying the bags in the first place. ;)

^Oh yeah, I know it truly wasn't directed at me :yes: No worries at all :jammin:

Honestly though, I still want another bbag even now that I'm aware of the problems *hides* But I want a black one, which I think will hold up a little better than my Vert will in the future. Unless my Vert ages badly (starts peeling, cracking, etc), then I think I'd reconsider buying another!

For what it's worth, I've had my B-bags hold up better than my other designer bags (knock on wood). If you go into any of the subforums on here (maybe with the exception of the Hermes) you will see people with legitimate complaints about their bags and the defects associatd with them, whether new or latent. In my opinion, the issue lies with the whole luxury goods market but that's another topic for another time...
Also, as a retailer myself, I'm thinking of the chain of responsibility when a customer wants to return a defective item. It certainly shouldn't come out of the customer's pocket- they have no blame. It shouldn't come out of my pocket, as an authorized distributor, either. So logically, the onus is on the manufacturer. How the item gets back to the manufacturer is I think the crux of the issue here.
I will say that Balenciaga Corporate told me clearly that if there was an agreed defect, they would make it right for up to two years after purchase from an authorized retailer, but that you need to return it to the retailer first and let them send the bag back for repair to Balenciaga. So that's the chain to follow.

For what it's worth, I've had my B-bags hold up better than my other designer bags (knock on wood). If you go into any of the subforums on here (maybe with the exception of the Hermes) you will see people with legitimate complaints about their bags and the defects associatd with them, whether new or latent. In my opinion, the issue lies with the whole luxury goods market but that's another topic for another time...
Also, as a retailer myself, I'm thinking of the chain of responsibility when a customer wants to return a defective item. It certainly shouldn't come out of the customer's pocket- they have no blame. It shouldn't come out of my pocket, as an authorized distributor, either. So logically, the onus is on the manufacturer. How the item gets back to the manufacturer is I think the crux of the issue here.
I will say that Balenciaga Corporate told me clearly that if there was an agreed defect, they would make it right for up to two years after purchase from an authorized retailer, but that you need to return it to the retailer first and let them send the bag back for repair to Balenciaga. So that's the chain to follow.

^^ ITA, very well said stylefly :cutesy:

People have to realize that there's a Wholesale and a Retail division for Balenciaga. Barneys, Neimans, etc buy their bags from the Wholesale division. The Retail division has its own little world.

Whatever you buy from Barneys and Neimans, it's their "property", you are not contributing to the Balenciaga fund. Balenciaga (Wholesale) already made the money when the department stores bought the styles/colors for that season.

One of the reasons why Balenciaga NY is hesitant to handle repairs is mainly because of other "issues" that may arise. They can't be held responsible for something that wasn't purchased from their store. And to me, that's completely fair!

And lots of luxury brand have no lifetime warranty on anything! I mean, regular wear and tear is NOT a defect. People need to be robbed of the illusion that they can wear their bags to death and cry about "defect" when something goes wrong. And two years warranty for Balenciaga....that is VERY generous.

Thanks stylefly. I guess then when you buy a bag at Barney's, you take it up with Barneys as they are the retailer? BNY is definitely not a manufacturer so they aren't even part of the equation, correct?

Oncoralblue, thanks for clarifying. That is what I was trying to say but you said it better.

Thanks stylefly. I guess then when you buy a bag at Barney's, you take it up with Barneys as they are the retailer? BNY is definitely not a manufacturer so they aren't even part of the equation, correct?

:yes: YES! Neiman Marcus does this as well. They have licenses with the manufacturers to send back any defective merchandise. This way, you get your money back (or exchange) and the department store/retailer gets reimbursed for that particular defective item by the manufacturer.

Balenciaga really should have a separate headquaters or repair-house that deals with all manufacturing/ repair issues.

I know that when my mobile phone stuffs up, I dont take it to the shop I purchased it from, I send it directly to Nokia's repair house and they figure out what is wrong with it, who is responsible for the damage/ problem (manufacture or mis-use by the buyer) and how much it will cost to fix.

I mean, if Nokia can afford it, I'm sure Balenciaga can too.

It doesnt make sense to me that they do not have a repair-house that can address these issues.

Whatever the case, they do need to have some sort of process in place for faulty items.

I think most people would just like to have a trusted place to send their bag to when it needs repairing - even if it does cost us $ to do it.

Just my thoughts on that topic :smile:

Balenciaga uses a 3rd party repair company to handle their repairs. The hardware is supplied by Balenciaga but the actual repair is done by the 3rd party repair company.

Balenciaga uses a 3rd party repair company to handle their repairs. The hardware is supplied by Balenciaga but the actual repair is done by the 3rd party repair company.

Do the public have to deal with Balenciaga or can they go directly to the 3rd party?

I wouldnt have the slightest clue on where to fix my bag IF it ever happened (which it hasnt yet :sweatdrop: )

Again, I'm in Australia - so, I'm on an island far far away from anyone!

You can order the needed part from Balenciaga and once it arrives you pay them the $ to cover the cost of the hardware, then if you prefer, you take it to your local repair place.

I'm sure Australia has a Balenciaga retailer - if you go there they should have records of phone numbers/contacts regarding Balenciaga repairs and how to get a how of the needed parts.

Indeed!! I am Chloe cross over and it's just a "given" that the lock and hasp will chip,peel, and look terrible -- in time. To me, that is just wrong. It's not like the leather wearing badly at the corners, it's the inadequate finish on the hardware and happens regardless of how carefully you baby the bag.

Seems inherently wrong to me :shrugs:

If you go into any of the subforums on here (maybe with the exception of the Hermes) you will see people with legitimate complaints about their bags and the defects associatd with them, whether new or latent.

You can order the needed part from Balenciaga and once it arrives you pay them the $ to cover the cost of the hardware, then if you prefer, you take it to your local repair place.

I'm sure Australia has a Balenciaga retailer - if you go there they should have records of phone numbers/contacts regarding Balenciaga repairs and how to get a how of the needed parts.

Yep, we have about 4-5 Balenciaga retailers here... no boutiques though :crybaby:

Thanks for the info too... I had no idea I could order parts from Balenciaga.

Do they do that without proof of purchase from an Authorised retailer though?

The tassel thing burns my hide too! Especially when some very fragile ones were sold in 06, and then they tried to come up with a policy that a person was only allowed to buy two sets for their lifetime. Yeah Right! Luckily they have not enforced that policy, but it still stinks when they don't have certain colors in. I think considering what their bags cost, they should provide the same high standards of customer service as LV and Chanel!

Status
Not open for further replies.