white vs beige mini flap - which should i get?

tinyturtle

O.G.
Dec 5, 2010
i'm trying to decide b/w a white mini flap with sliver hardware and a beige mini flap with gold hardware. both are caviar leather. i love them both equally! my thought now is to get the one that will hold up better over time - durability wise (will the white turn into yellow w/ age?), which color is more classic?, which color is more wearable?, which will hold it's value better?

what are your thoughts?

White with silver! The best combo. I have 2 white bags and one off white (all with silver hardware). I love them all and use them a lot. White bags are amazing for summer!

Beige with gold is nice also and I have that combo also. But... I love white bags! White is clean, classic, understated yet makes a big statement without being in your face (like red). Beige is conservative and safe.

Make sure it's white white and not off-white especially if you wear white in the summer (I love white skinny jeans).

Good luck!

By the way, to your question on which will hold value more... my answer would be the beige one. It's the typical color most people get after black. It's safe and a classic.

But... I would not buy a bag for resale value. If you are thinking that way, then get a black one. That's even safer and more classic. But it's also boring to me.

For me, I buy bags I love and I want my bags to make a statement and pop. I have white, pink, yellow, orange, green, red and yes, I do have beige and black as I bought them because I thought they were classic colors that everyone should have. However, I use those the least.

I would not buy a bag based on resell value.

Just my two cents to help in your decision.

Reactions: Mama doodle
By the way, to your question on which will hold value more... my answer would be the beige one. It's the typical color most people get after black. It's safe and a classic.

But... I would not buy a bag for resale value. If you are thinking that way, then get a black one. That's even safer and more classic. But it's also boring to me.

For me, I buy bags I love and I want my bags to make a statement and pop. I have white, pink, yellow, orange, green, red and yes, I do have beige and black as I bought them because I thought they were classic colors that everyone should have. However, I use those the least.

I would not buy a bag based on resell value.

Just my two cents to help in your decision.
thanks for your input. i totally agree that you should not buy a bag based on resale value alone. it's just so hard b/c i love both equally and can only get one!

I have both white and beige caviar minis, which I bought within a month of each other last year. I will say beige is more classic chanel but of the two colours I love the white with silver more. It is crisp and youthful. Both were purchased preloved in excellent condition. But the white mini actually cost More than the beige in terms of resale value.
Some pics for your reference
IMG_1495082972.474090.jpg
IMG_1495083166.442199.jpg
IMG_1495083197.893388.jpg

Beige clair with ghw
Also depends on your skintone and wardrobe- I have a beige flap w ghw since my cupboard has warm tones and I only wear yellow gold jewelry