White Spots on Your Hermes Bags?

If you're in the US, I highly recommend Cadillac leather wipes. Nordstrom carries them and they are the best one that will wipe off dirt without wiping off the leather color. I've used many leather cleansing creams before and they ended up with some color loss. Cadillac is the only one that will clean (and you can tell afterwards) and condition without damage to your beloved H bags.

Just ordered this for my bags as well as my H shoes.. Thanks so much for the tip!!

Hi, I am hoping to seek your expertise. There are some strange white spots on my GP negonda leather and I really don't know what is happening. The bag is less than 1yr old and i have always babied my bag. I don't recall it being scratched and it is always inside dust bag when not in use. There have been more white spots lately. It is not paint as well because when i wipe it with moist cloth, the white bits will go away. But after a moment, the spots come back again. Does this ever happen to anyone?

Appreciate your view on this. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_7070.JPG
    IMG_7070.JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 674
Hi, I am hoping to seek your expertise. There are some strange white spots on my GP negonda leather and I really don't know what is happening. The bag is less than 1yr old and i have always babied my bag. I don't recall it being scratched and it is always inside dust bag when not in use. There have been more white spots lately. It is not paint as well because when i wipe it with moist cloth, the white bits will go away. But after a moment, the spots come back again. Does this ever happen to anyone?

Appreciate your view on this. Thanks

Hi everyone

I live in a hot and humid country and my bags routinely have white marks appearing on them (especially when they have been in air conditioning). A few years ago, I had a discussion with a hermes artisan and I explained that i usually solve the problem by applying heat from my hairdryer to the white spots and they disappear after a few seconds. She gave me the thumbs up and said that would solve the problem. Since then i routinely use this method with no problems. Just wanted to share.

Reactions: bagalogist
Hi everyone

I live in a hot and humid country and my bags routinely have white marks appearing on them (especially when they have been in air conditioning). A few years ago, I had a discussion with a hermes artisan and I explained that i usually solve the problem by applying heat from my hairdryer to the white spots and they disappear after a few seconds. She gave me the thumbs up and said that would solve the problem. Since then i routinely use this method with no problems. Just wanted to share.

Yep, this is an old craftsman trick as you can see by this thread. Dryer on gentle and no need usually to blow directly on the bag.

Hi all,
I tried to do some research on this topic but did not find any thing. I did see a couple of threads touch on the white scuff marks that appear on Togo and Clemence. I have found success with the hair dryer and melting the oils back into the togo but I wasn't sure whether it's the right thing to do for Epsom leather. I started noticing this for quite some time and I've tried wiping it down with some gentle wet wipes but don't feel like it's helping. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190624-203453.png
    Screenshot_20190624-203453.png
    806.1 KB · Views: 359
Forgot to comment that it looks more obvious in person than in photos as the little white dots are so hard to capture.. It's not super terrible but if there's a solution to this it would be great. Thanks in advance!

I honestly can't see anything, but I don't know why fats would not surface in Epsom even though the leather is printed rather than natural grain. A gentle dryer blow will tell you right away.
I only get fat spots on Barenia bags and it's more like a film, impossible to mistake for anything else, but it's a totally different leather to Epsom.

I don't think it's fat spots on epsom. I honestly can't see anything from the photo. Please don't try anything that might irreversibly damage the leather. A blow dryer won't do any harm so I guess you could try that.