White Spots on Your Hermes Bags?

The white spots happened on my red Clemence Birkin, after I'd had it 2/3 years. I sent it to the H spa, and it's never happened again. But if it should, I'll definately try the hairdryer!

My H store doesn't use anything as sophisticated as a hairdyer!
Oh no, just a bit of saliva and a good rub with an index finger does the job!

(I promise you this is true!)

You ladies amaze me every day with your knowledge and helpfulness.

This happened to my month-old Clemence Double Sens (white streaks, not spots), and I had thought I'd gotten something on it on the subway that wouldn't come out. I have several bags in that leather but had never seen anything like this. After reading this thread, I whipped out the hair dryer and the problem is gone.

Thank you so much. I'm so relieved that my newest bag isn't permanently discolored.

Liberté;11155721 said:
How I wish it was as easy as that for us to loose the excessive fat as well... Two minutes of blow drying in the morning and voilà! Thin as a pin!

Liberate, how I only wish it was that simple! I would buy a blow dry bar if it worked!

Liberté;11155721 said:
How I wish it was as easy as that for us to loose the excessive fat as well... Two minutes of blow drying in the morning and voilà! Thin as a pin!
:lolots:

Somewhere I have a 'Cathy' postcard where she empties a bucket (labelled 'weight loss & make-up') over her head that accomplishes the same trick!
All my life I've been trying to find that bucket....:lol:

Thanks for the hairdryer tips!
My clemence leather (outer side) was drenched few mths ago under heavy rains during my travelling. The leather dried well with no issues but I decided to wipe them down after my holiday and conditioned it with some Lexol conditioner and stored it in the dustbag after it dried off. After few days, I discovered these whitish stuff and off to wipe them again. The whitish stuff kept returning after few days again. At first, I thought the leather was moldy. Now after discovering this thread, I tried on the hairdryer tips and it works!

Hello Experts,

I have a Togo Etoupe Brkin which has developed a couple of whitish marks on the front.

What am I best to wipe the leather with to see if this is permanent?

I ask, as I had another Hermes togo bag where the key cover went white and had to be replaced.

Thanks in advance

Hello Experts,

I have a Togo Etoupe Brkin which has developed a couple of whitish marks on the front.

What am I best to wipe the leather with to see if this is permanent?

I ask, as I had another Hermes togo bag where the key cover went white and had to be replaced.

Thanks in advance
If you're in the US, I highly recommend Cadillac leather wipes. Nordstrom carries them and they are the best one that will wipe off dirt without wiping off the leather color. I've used many leather cleansing creams before and they ended up with some color loss. Cadillac is the only one that will clean (and you can tell afterwards) and condition without damage to your beloved H bags.

Reactions: Love Of My Life
If you're in the US, I highly recommend Cadillac leather wipes. Nordstrom carries them and they are the best one that will wipe off dirt without wiping off the leather color. I've used many leather cleansing creams before and they ended up with some color loss. Cadillac is the only one that will clean (and you can tell afterwards) and condition without damage to your beloved H bags.

Thanks for the reply. I am in the UK so these are not to hand, but I guess the power of the internet can find them!

So definitely no baby wipes? (if i recall the Chanel forum thought they were great on Chanel)

thanks

Many thanks for linking me into this feedback.

Interestingly I purchased large leather stool a year or so ago but it got messed up during delivery and when the repair man arrived he asked me for my hair drier and said you just need to redistribute the oils in the leather with the heat.

I will give it a go. (light heat natch...) :smile: