white/cream/soft colour bag suggestion

natalitic93

Apr 13, 2021
Hello good people of Purse Forum :smile:

I am in a happy place where my bags sufficiently cover all my use cases (casual, night out, fancy date, formal parties). So I must say I am comfortable (and kind of broke) with my purse collection.

HOWEVER....
Most of what I own are crossbody bags in darker colours (think of dark gray Celine nano belt bag, Black Speedy 20, small puzzle in tan). This kind of size fits all my daily essentials while still having some space for extra small things here and there (e.g. occasional small water bottle, tiny umbrella, eco shopping bag).

I do own 1 MK in lighter beige. my most trusted running errand bag. However, it's not breaking anytime soon (I'm quite surprised by the quality, tho it is quite old/dirty looking, my bad). I am just thinking maybeeeeee if I have extra fund, I would wanna get something new hehe

Now, I am thinking of getting a slightly small bag, but in a light colour.
Criteria:
- crossbody (Must)
- with top handle (preferably)
- price range: 1K - 1.5K USD (negotiable, but not Chanel / Hermes range)
- not fussy leather, not soft leather, something grained / durable. thinking of coated canvas as well..
- Easy closure (preferably not zip), but still safe for usage (e.g. has magnetic closure, some flap, etc.)
- Can fit small wallet + pouch for catch-all + sanitizer + keys (my bare bare essentials)

What's in my mind are:
- Polene Numero Neuf / Beri
- LV Damier Azur in some model that I dont know yet
- Goyard (is Goyard canvas quality durable? I don't own Goyard so I'm not really sure about this...)
- Celine white canvas ish bag.. not sure :")
- Alaia Mina 16 (or 20? will 16 be so so small?)

Any good recommendation?

thank youuuuuuuuuu~

Last edited:
Hello good people of Purse Forum :smile:

I am in a happy place where my bags sufficiently cover all my use cases (casual, night out, fancy date, formal parties). So I must say I am comfortable (and kind of broke) with my purse collection.

HOWEVER....
Most of what I own are crossbody bags in darker colours (think of dark gray Celine nano belt bag, Black Speedy 20, small puzzle in tan). This kind of size fits all my daily essentials while still having some space for extra small things here and there (e.g. occasional small water bottle, tiny umbrella, eco shopping bag).

I do own 1 MK in lighter beige. my most trusted running errand bag. However, it's not breaking anytime soon (I'm quite surprised by the quality, tho it is quite old/dirty looking, my bad). I am just thinking maybeeeeee if I have extra fund, I would wanna get something new hehe

Now, I am thinking of getting a slightly small bag, but in a light colour.
Criteria:
- crossbody (Must)
- with top handle (preferably)
- price range: 1K - 1.5K USD (negotiable, but not Chanel / Hermes range)
- not fussy leather, not soft leather, something grained / durable. thinking of coated canvas as well..
- Easy closure (preferably not zip), but still safe for usage (e.g. has magnetic closure, some flap, etc.)
- Can fit small wallet + pouch for catch-all + sanitizer + keys (my bare bare essentials)

What's in my mind are:
- Polene Numero Neuf / Beri
- LV Damier Azur in some model that I dont know yet
- Goyard (is Goyard canvas quality durable? I don't own Goyard so I'm not really sure about this...)
- Celine white canvas ish bag.. not sure :")
- Alaia Mina 16 (or 20? will 16 be so so small?)

Any good recommendation?

thank youuuuuuuuuu~
What about Chloe Penelope,
Mulberry Lana or YSL puffer? All in light colours. I like the polene too. If you’re spending a lot of money, then for me, I’d want to buy from a brand I love or admire.

What about Chloe Penelope,
Mulberry Lana or YSL puffer? All in light colours. I like the polene too. If you’re spending a lot of money, then for me, I’d want to buy from a brand I love or admire.
Thank you for the recco. I have never seen the Chloe and Mulberry ones… I actually quite like the Mulberry Lana!! Looks practical 😍 Maybe I will visit the stores to check it out

Regarding the YSL puffer, I’m concerned of the leather. Will it sag overtime? Or creased a lot?

Thank you for the recco. I have never seen the Chloe and Mulberry ones… I actually quite like the Mulberry Lana!! Looks practical 😍 Maybe I will visit the stores to check it out

Regarding the YSL puffer, I’m concerned of the leather. Will it sag overtime? Or creased a lot?
Yes the Lana is one of their new designs so it comes with an unusual wavy clasp. I really like it. I own a couple of mulberry bags and find the leather great quality. I’ve never owned Chloe but I’ve heard great things about their leather bags in terms of being excellent quality. Happy shopping x

Reactions: natalitic93
My white YSL puffer is sadly not an everyday bag. It has some scuffing on the corners but I do love it so much.

I'm interested in seeing responses to this because I would like a white or light color everyday bag too.

Strathberry Mosaic Bag
Songmont Drippy Roof Bag

Both are in the $500-600 price range and feature a top handle and crossbody option while also being large enough for essentials and other items.

Attachments

• IMG_9253.jpeg
    IMG_9253.jpeg
    50.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9254.jpeg
    IMG_9254.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 15
I think YSL is a good choice for the price point and they have a beige color that's a nice lighter neutral without being too white or off-white. I love the smooth leather on the puffer or loulou but they have other small to medium size bags in the envelope style that can be worn crossbody in a textured leather which may provide the durability you are looking for. I think the bigger envelope new is out of price range but might find pre-owned or the smaller envelope that's like a wallet on chain (definitely much larger than most WOCs) may fit essentials, especially if you utilize the built in card holders instead of adding an entire wallet inside. easy closure. I think the camera bag would be a great bag for running errands but it is the smooth leather and zipper closure. Neither of those has top handle, but you can double loop the chain on some of the envelope style /WOC bags to provide a variety of ways to carry by hand/crook of arm/shoulder. Good luck deciding!

• Love
Adding myself to this thread. I am in the same boat with all dark colour purses but craving a new light colour purse!

I was honestly looking to get something artisan made if I can'f find a brand I like enough

My Polene bags in grained chalk are very durable and easy to clean. The one time it got some blue color transfer on it, i wiped with a tissue? It was shockingly easy after hearing so many horror stories. The other one is my Celine Ava in triomphe white canvas. I take it everywhere and throw it around. I haven't seen any issues.

My Polene bags in grained chalk are very durable and easy to clean. The one time it got some blue color transfer on it, i wiped with a tissue? It was shockingly easy after hearing so many horror stories. The other one is my Celine Ava in triomphe white canvas. I take it everywhere and throw it around. I haven't seen any issues.

May I know what style is your polene? I have been seeing bad stitching quality from my friend's new bag so I am a bit hesitant now...

May I know what style is your polene? I have been seeing bad stitching quality from my friend's new bag so I am a bit hesitant now...
I have the Huit, Neuf, and Dix in chalk white. I bought bags secondhand and new from Polene. Most of my bags I bought in 2022 but I also bought Dix bags in 2023. The last order I made to Polene is a brand new Polene Un Nano in January of this year. I've looked at my bags and I haven't noticed anything. In total I have 14?

You can try to find bags secondhand but there are a lot of fakes as well.