Whimiscal

kmccrea

Designer At Large
Apr 28, 2006
novelty t.jpg
novelty t2.jpg

I "rediscovered" a knit which was laying in my Forbidden Closet for a least a year!
I love whimiscal and juvenile prints and this one is both!
Any way I made a T shirt out of it with a scoop neckline because I truly do not like anything around my neck, I think I'm choking (not in a freak out sort of way, just uncomfortable and fidgety).
Anyway, I was looking for a white linen or cotton oxford to make a blouse because I do not have enough button downs in my wardrobe and I'm not afraid of white. Well, I don't have any and now I must buy that beautiful white linen jaquard stripe I saw at fashionfabricsonline. Oops, getting off track.
I was in sewing mode and I could not just do nothing, so I did this! Only took me a couple of hours and got me over the disappointment that I have no white cotton in my voluminous stash. I do have a pretty green, maybe I'll work that until I get the white Leno in.
I hope you like the pics. It looks a lot better on me, but taking a picture of me which looks good is nearly impossible.
When I hem and wash the black gauze dress I'll have Jeff take a picture of that with me in it so you all can have the full effect.
Kate

Thanks, Passerby!
I'll let Beaver know that you noticed the ORANGE cat and that's he's stolen some of Phoebe's attention away (she's the black one).
I still have to take a picture of Spot (the new bunny), but I can't seem to get her to stay still long enough, except when she's using the box. Maybe when she's eating.
Kate