Which tote would you choose?

lotusfeet

Apr 23, 2015
Hello bag lovers, I've been eyeing the YSL tote for the last couple of weeks, (still deciding between the blue or the dark grey) and was about to pull the trigger when I saw the small Celine Cabas phantom. I'm looking for a casual tote and I know nothing about Celine bags. Just a bit worried that the leather will easily scratch and I have to baby the bag. Which one would you choose? Would love to hear your thoughts and experiences [emoji171] ....though I know this is the YSL thread [emoji12]IMG_1494345604.907080.jpgIMG_1494345617.970798.jpg

It depends on how much you want to spend, what size your prefer and what color you like. You can buy two SL for the price of the Celine. The Celine is a smaller bag and I believe the colors you're showing are from previous seasons... Both are great looking bags so there's no losing...

I just purchased my very first YSL bag yesterday at Saks. I got the black tote after deciding between that and the navy blue (which was beautiful as well). It's true that it's floppy that I had to hang it on my door overnight but if you have enough things inside, it will stand on its own. Some people also get a bag liner to hold the shape. I'm a fan of Celine as well but I don't have any experience with the other tote you posted.

I have the large Celine in black pebbled leather, bought 2.5 years ago. It isn't too floppy and doesn show any scratches or wear due to the leather. The bag was used heavily as an everyday work tote but I'm looking to sell it now simply because I find it very heavy. I'm actually looking at the Saint Laurent tote as a replacement!