Which size to get for new Cerf-Style Portobello ?

gingerale

O.G.
Aug 16, 2006
Hello ladies, i need some advice from those who have seen the new Portobello (not the bag in bag but the Cerf Style). I'm debating about size to get. I like the small but already have a cerf tote. Do you think it would be too similiar or shall i get it in grey instead of black ? Is it too shallow ? The large size also looks cute after seeing the pics here so now I'm torn between the sizes and colours. Has anyone seen the grey in small in IRL ?

Thanks for the advice !

haven't seen irl, but definitely you should try it out 1st at the store and feel which size would be more convenient for you...

personally though, i think the small is just right. large might be too bulky for shoulder-carry, more so, big to carry hand-held or elbow-crook? the inner compartments are also enough to hold your everyday essentials, imo. well, unless you need that a big bag then go large.

also, i don't think its that similar to a cerf, as the porto is quilted/srtuctured, looks edgier, more casual... the gray is simply divine!

here's ssc's large brown...
http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/new-large-portobello-is-here-in-brown-494198.html

Thanks for everyone's comments. Unfortunately I cant see this IRL as the local store has sold out of the small and not bringing in the large. I did see the fall bag-in-bag portobello. Do you think the cerf style portobello is made from the same distressed leather as the bag-in-bag. I didnt likel the new leathers at all and it looked very wrinkled and as someone said it looked like the leather has melted at the bottom !

Can someone comment on this ?