Which Should I Get?

Thoughts? . . .
always buy what YOU like best not based on the opinions of others
but you do have a nice decision to make, as long as you like Roulis design
I am definitely drawn much more to one that the other, but that would be my choice

THINGS TO CONSIDER TO HELP YOUR DECISION
which you would use the most?
which would give you the greatest enjoyment using everyday?
don't be put off the exotic by thinking it might be delicate
don't just buy the exotic because it is the most difficult to come by
don't think of either in terms of holding or increasing value

Both are gorgeous, but THAT MATTE GATOR IS OUTSTANDING!!! YUMMY!!!!
Isnt it! Im so torn...urghh! SA is holding both for me
Thoughts? . . .
always buy what YOU like best not based on the opinions of others
but you do have a nice decision to make, as long as you like Roulis design
I am definitely drawn much more to one that the other, but that would be my choice

THINGS TO CONSIDER TO HELP YOUR DECISION
which you would use the most?
which would give you the greatest enjoyment using everyday?
don't be put off the exotic by thinking it might be delicate
don't just buy the exotic because it is the most difficult to come by
don't think of either in terms of holding or increasing value
All valid points! When I say thoughts its I love both and value this community when assisting those of us who have to make a choice as simple as a wallet. Its definitely not about holding or increasing value its about pulsing the communities experience with the roulis, color, and as you mentioned the delicacy of the exotic. All things I have not experience and at times hearing someone elses experience helps me make my decision...thank you so much for doing exactly that!

Hi!!!

I went to pick up two items I had shipped to my local boutique. I asked if she received any calvis which she shared but told me they just got in a Bearn compact wallet and 2 Slim Roulis wallet. My SA stated they should always receive the Bearn compact but the Roulis is hit or miss....thoughts???

View attachment 5762441

View attachment 5762484
Your SA is correct; other Bearn wallets will likely come in in the future. On the other hand, these Roulis wallets are not only less common, but also they are in a seasonal colour which may eventually be rested or discontinued.

I think the best advice I have heard—and it was said by someone on here, though I cannot remember who (all credit to that member!)— was this: When you look back in ten years at this moment, which one will you regret not purchasing? Therein lies your answer.

Your SA is correct; other Bearn wallets will likely come in in the future. On the other hand, these Roulis wallets are not only less common, but also they are in a seasonal colour which may eventually be rested or discontinued.

I think the best advice I have heard—and it was said by someone on here, though I cannot remember who (all credit to that member!)— was this: When you look back in ten years at this moment, which one will you regret not purchasing? Therein lies your answer.
Thank you for providing your thoughts as it is truly appreciated. With all the thoughtful input from the community, I believe I have my answer!

Last edited:
Hi!!!

I went to pick up two items I had shipped to my local boutique. I asked if she received any calvis which she shared but told me they just got in a Bearn compact wallet and 2 Slim Roulis wallet. My SA stated they should always receive the Bearn compact but the Roulis is hit or miss....thoughts???

View attachment 5762441

View attachment 5762484

I have 4 Hermes wallets if you include Calvis. 2 x very large (useful as clutches) and two Calvis. I realise that you've already possibly chosen but I shall just say, definitely get one of these Roulis wallets, because you can probably get a C. Bearn or a Calvi later, and even if you one day get a different wallet/Calvi at some point, you can use this as a useful SLG.

I also have beautiful exotic (alligator) SLGs (non-H) - and I have had them for a long time. Unlike bags, you don't have to think about rain, twillies, and they last for decades, looking better and better. I'm not sure I could afford the same now. If you can afford the exotic, don't be scared of it, use and enjoy.

I have 2 Bearn wallets in exotic skins. They wear better than you think however, I do keep them
in a silk petit H case just because if anything should leak in my handbag I don't want it to damage
the skin of my Bearn.
With that being said, the Roulis to me is interesting & I would consider either. I would buy what
I truly love & makes my heart sing.

• Love
Reactions: PanyLee
I love either of the Roulis wallets. You cant go wrong with either imo. How exciting! Can’t wait to see what you choose.
Thank you! I agree...cant go wrong with either as they are both GORGEOUS! ❤️
I have 4 Hermes wallets if you include Calvis. 2 x very large (useful as clutches) and two Calvis. I realise that you've already possibly chosen but I shall just say, definitely get one of these Roulis wallets, because you can probably get a C. Bearn or a Calvi later, and even if you one day get a different wallet/Calvi at some point, you can use this as a useful SLG.

I also have beautiful exotic (alligator) SLGs (non-H) - and I have had them for a long time. Unlike bags, you don't have to think about rain, twillies, and they last for decades, looking better and better. I'm not sure I could afford the same now. If you can afford the exotic, don't be scared of it, use and enjoy.
Thank you for the input, I truly appreciate it! That was one of my concerns with purchasing the exotic - having to be so delicate with it.

I have 2 Bearn wallets in exotic skins. They wear better than you think however, I do keep them
in a silk petit H case just because if anything should leak in my handbag I don't want it to damage
the skin of my Bearn.
With that being said, the Roulis to me is interesting & I would consider either. I would buy what
I truly love & makes my heart sing.
Thank you so much