Which scarf/pointu/pochette are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK folks, I do not even begin to claim to being on top of this, but thankfully Chestnutty has copied TT list from last year and added her suggestions. I have all day Tuesday to think on this and thanks to Chestnutty (THANK YOU THANK YOU!! I won't have too much work to do.

I would like to suggest the week of April 1st:

SCARVES THAT FOOL THE EYE - this can be some obvious ones with hidden images (you know who you are), scarves like the changeants (sp?) that fool the eye with texture... and so on.

What do you all think?

Come Tuesday, I will add a few ideas rattling around in my head, and try to collect the others suggested on this incredibly fast-moving thread. I have been too busy acquiring and deaccessioning to focus, but starting Tuesday I have some time... so let's build on what TangoTosca did so wonderfully, and Chestnutty reprised so ably. Maybe we can just add a second theme to weeks, as TT and Chestnutty were so thorough...

The list as Chestnutty proposed:

"Let's see, here is what I'm thinking regarding theme week. Weeks highlighted in blue are my new additions. Some themes have been shuffled to fit with seasonality/holidays.

APRIL
7 April - Double your Pleasure, Double your Fun: Two Scarves
14 April - The Universe on my scarves: Sun, Moon, Stars, Planets, and Mythology
21 April - How does your Garden Grow? - Botanical Scarves to celebrate Spring
28 April - The Swiss Approach: Neutrals, blacks, and browns

MAY
5 May - In honor of Mother's Day: I remember Mom's scarves back in those days...(Scarves that remind you of your mother and/or grandmothers, or scarves that you'd love to pass on to your dear children someday)
12 May - Scarves from Spain or Latin America in honor of Mexico's Cinco de Mayo celebration
19 May - Bye-bye Birdie: Scarves featuring birds
26 May - The Children's Hour: Scarves featuring toys, games, and pastimes

JUNE
2 June - The Art of Robert Dallet and Kermit Oliver
9 June - Objectify Me: Scarves that features collections of objects, e.g. Flacons, Les Cles
16 June - Color me Happy: Show us the brightest scarves in your collection
23 June - The Art of Philippe Ledoux and Hubert de Watrigant

JULY
30 June - The New World: Scarves about North America to celebrate US Independence Day
7 July - Your Cheatin' Heart: Our non-H silky loves (Shhh! We won't tell.)
14 July - Cloud 9: Mousselines
21 July - Nontraditional is the new traditional! Show off your plisses, jersey, pointus, twillies, and pochettes
28 July - La vie en rose: Flowery Scarves

AUGUST
4 Aug - The Life Aquatic: Scarves featuring water, sea life, or Nautical scarves
11 Aug - Ungrails: Ah, those scarves you love to hate
18 Aug - Those Were the Days, Part I: Scarves from 1980's or Earlier
25 Aug - They do it with.... Scarf Rings, Part II

SEPTEMBER
1 Sept - Still Have the Blues for You: Blue scarves to honor Rosh Hashanah
8 Sept - Doubled Happiness: Scarf designs that you own in at least two colorways or in multiple formats
15 Sept - The Royal Color: Purple scarves
22 Sept - The Art of Julia Abadie and Cathy Latham
29 Sept - Pink scarves in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month

OCTOBER
6 Oct - From Russia with Love: Russian Scarves
13 Oct - Architecture: Scarves that feature buildings or bridges, etc.
20 Oct - Autumn in my heart: Scarves featuring autumn or in earthy colors
27 Oct - Scary Scarves - The Revenge: Orange, Yellow, or Frightening Scarves in honor of Halloween

NOVEMBER
3 Nov - Scarves that contain writing or sketches
10 Nov - The Art of Dimitri Rybaltchenko and Joachim Metz
17 Nov - Oh, the Weather Outside... - Scarves about the weather, e.g. snowflakes, wind
24 Nov - Wearable art: Scarves you think belong in an art gallery or have a strong artistic bent

DECEMBER
1 Dec - The Art of Christine Henry and Aline Honoré
8 Dec - Scarves with Contrast Hem or Ornate Borders
15 Dec - Holiday Scarves!
22 Dec - New Presents and Old Favorites
29 Dec - Roses are Red: Red scarves

JANUARY
5 Jan - The Far Pavilions: Scarves about India and the Middle East
12 Jan - Tin Pan Alley: Song and dance scarves
19 Jan - H Does H: Scarves that refer back to the company, its founders, its previous designs, etc. Or that have "H" or "Hermes" as part of the design.
26 Jan - The Chopticks: Scarves about China, Japan, and Southeast Asia to celebrate Chinese New Year Feb 10th

FEBRUARY
2 Feb - Brrrrrr! - Time for Cashmere
9 Feb - My Dearest in Silk: Scarves that your significant other(s) loves to see you in
16 Feb - This is Dedicated to the One I Love: I was inspired or enabled by...
23 Feb - Those Were the Days, Part II: 1990's era scarves

MARCH
2 March - Jacquard Scarves
9 March - Scarves about Australia and Oceania
16 March - to be determined
23 March - Critter Corner: Show us your favorite animal scarves or your favorite animal(s) featuring on H scarves
30 March - The Staples: Scarves that you wear the most often/workhorse scarves

CHESTNUTTY- I lost your blue highlighting; can you put it back in? It seems that some formatting goes away :sad:

Still running behind, my apologies! I have a wonderful guest for the weekend. We went to H and neither of us found anything, a real shock. But we had lots of fun playing in my closet and with everything that she brought along. Will catch with up comments early next week, other than to say that sparkle, I saw your reveal thread and haven't you been having a good time!!!:woohoo:

Last two looks for the Cuirs this week:

Attachments

• cuirs hanging knot.jpg
    cuirs hanging knot.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 762
  • cuirs twisted 2.jpg
    cuirs twisted 2.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 767
Still running behind, my apologies! I have a wonderful guest for the weekend. We went to H and neither of us found anything, a real shock. But we had lots of fun playing in my closet and with everything that she brought along. Will catch with up comments early next week, other than to say that sparkle, I saw your reveal thread and haven't you been having a good time!!!:woohoo:

Pierina - I have been remiss on my comments too. Your choice of Cuirs this week has been refreshing and everytime I see your haircut, I am tempted to go Platinum to channel you! I especially love how you knotted it to work with your lovely horn necklace. Sounds like you had fun with your guest and playtime with the silks and H treasures in your vault!

Time to catch up with Day 5/6. And yes, I'm obsessed with polka-dot.
IMG_5112.jpg

As a belt
IMG_5139.jpg

Love it worn as a sash, Chestnutty :love:

Dear scarf experts,

Has anyone had much experience with pairing their scarves with colourful stripes tops (received as gifts & so not my taste. Trying to save them by wearing with scarves...) or tweed jackets -one brownish, one black & white?
Do I go with same color combo (for the top/jacket colour & scarf) or use a less busy patterned scarf?

Grateful for any help! Would love photos!

My visit to H yesterday was just to get an H colour fix, I was rushing from here and after all they haven't seen me there for a month or so .

I really don't need another red scarf , and I didn't much like Les Sportifs as a design, those lined up people with none of the nonchalonce of J'Aime mon Carre or sweet charm of Les Parisiennes.
Also I was taught that 'red and green should never be seen
except upon an Irish queen'

Stuff all that , I like it tied and I need a new hairband! And haircut, yes I know ...

Attachments

• IMG_6776.JPG
    IMG_6776.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 631
  • IMG_6791.jpg
    IMG_6791.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 627
Jahna - At your service soon-to-be Scarf Mistress Jahna. Just give me your final additions and I'll format the list.

Pierina2 - Your braid style is so creative. I must steal for some occasions;).

frou frou - Sportives is yet another proof that you look good and elegant in red. This red reminds me a lot of your red Turandot :love:.

Thanks everyone for your kind compliments and encouragement while I took the one-week challenge.

As my tenure as Scarf Mistress draws to a close, I'm happy to see that we appear to be all set going into April. Thank you Jahna, Chestnutty, and all the other contributors.

This week should prove to be a hugely popular theme.... (paging Sparklelisab!)

Critter Corner: Show us your favorite animal scarves

All together now, Awwwwww......! :tender:

kitten yarn.jpg

baby bunnies.jpg

Baby Elephant.jpg

Honk!.jpg

puppies in sink.jpg

Tango Tosca Thanks for being such a totally brilliant scarf mistress , I've enjoyed every morsel although my postings are sporadic.
You've gone to endless trouble to make it fun, informative and downright fantastic .

The more I see this delicate mauvey pink the more I wish I could wear this colour. It's truly divine and Cuirs works so well in this c'way . Love the last look with the rose quartz ? necklace.

Thanking you all Lanit, Israeli Flava,Textilegirl,Ladybaga,DLee Sparklelisb,Chestnutty, for your lovely words about Perspectives

What is it about photos ? I see so many heartstopping pictures with wonderful detail and glowing colours . My camera seems incapable of transmitting anything accurately.
Perspectives ]is Cassis , Rouge , Blanc Dore so a deep fuschia really .

At risk of overkill Les Sportifs as hairband .
It;s a fine scarf and my colour, but it seems I need to diversify with colour choices.
Loving cobalt blue so long as there's a smidge of [preferably acid ] yellow .
Any ideas of scarves past or present that may fit that ?

Attachments

• IMG_6779.jpg
    IMG_6779.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 495
My visit to H yesterday was just to get an H colour fix, I was rushing from here and after all they haven't seen me there for a month or so .

I really don't need another red scarf , and I didn't much like Les Sportifs as a design, those lined up people with none of the nonchalonce of J'Aime mon Carre or sweet charm of Les Parisiennes.
Also I was taught that 'red and green should never be seen
except upon an Irish queen'

Stuff all that , I like it tied and I need a new hairband! And haircut, yes I know ...

Gorgeous, Frou Frou! :woohoo::woohoo: A success! I have been very strict with myself about scarves (no new ones except a grail or two), but this is fabulous. I'm putting it on my list (I'm such a copycat!).

Status
Not open for further replies.